1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 YDL wifi config Head crack!vv

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by babyg, May 15, 2007.

1. babyg

babyg Member

Hello all

I have just recently installed Yellow dog linux 5.0.1 with wifi support on my ps3 but i cant seem to get to the actual act of browsing. I went to network connection, set up a new wireless connection and activated it succesfully but when i launch firefox i get the unable to load page message. Driving me nuts. I figured i might not actually be connected as i hadnt even entered a wep key at any point, i know i shud but i also dont know where. Been through most of the guides so i thought id hit you all up for your very regular assistance.

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yeah I tired the patch for YD 5.0 wi-fi and same problem.....

3. linuxdog

linuxdog Member

I seem to be having the same issues with the networking config under the yellow dog linux distro. I have religiously followed multiple tutorials and read multiple threads regarding wifi config instructions the connection to the wifi will get as far as my 2wire router's light switching on upon activation, this is then followed by a ip dns lookup initiated by the linux network setup config activation. The Terra soft wifi documentation is by no means a complete guide to successfully completing the wifi connection I have tried multiple ways of configuring the wifi and have had no luck! If someone could please write a complete guide to wifi setup it would be much appreciated because the http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_5.0/ps3-wifi-config.shtml
    is not complete nor is anyone else's wifi documentation guides complete on the google search engine its sad but true. Again this is a 2wire gateway modem. All the key's and channels...etc...have been checked and rechecked many times. They are all correct. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE BEEN WASTING TIME IN THIS YDL CONFIG! HELP!

4. dpickett

dpickett Guest

Okay this is good to know, because i'm 80% complete downloading YD 5.0.1 and i'm taking the plunge to install YD.

Knowing this problem will a wired connection still work?

5. babyg

babyg Member

hey linuxdog r u running ydl 5.0 or ydl 5.0.1?

6. babyg

babyg Member

anyway, i managed to get the lan workin. i bridged the connection on my laptop and deleted all the connections i set up on linux. then i restarted it, set up a new connection using 3com ethO(jus click next till set up is complete) and then i was good to go. still no luck with the wlan though. its frustrating but i guess u cant hav everything......