1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by derkins, Jul 21, 2007.

1. derkins

derkins Member

hello
    i have bought a ps3 and am wondering how important the hdmi cable is. If you have a hdmi cable does the ps3 play games in hd if you already have a hd ready lcd? Stupid question I am sure but please humour me. Thanks.

2. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

To fully appreciate what the PS3 is capable of, I sugest getting HDMI cables or at least HD component cables. I played my PS3 on my HD Sony Wega using the RCA cables that came with the PS3 and the difference between the 2 is night and day. I purchased a cheap set of HDMI cables at the local WAL MART. Make sure that you purchase HDMI cables or HD component cables that is made for the PS3. HDMI is better than HD component. Also there is virtually no difference in quality between and expensive HDMI cables relatively cheap HDMI cables. The HDMI i bought at WAL MART was $29 canadian and it was an ICON brand cables. This info helps you out :)

3. derkins

derkins Member

thank you I have since bouhgt a hdmi from a games store that is specifically for the ps3 however I really do not see any difference within the graphics from the hdmi and the regular connection. i have played three different games and they are all the same. I also know that my tv is hd ready.

4. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah if you wanna experience the PS3's graphic capabilities then you need to have it in HD, I myself are currently working on getting an HD TV.

5. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Listen did u switch the video settings?

6. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Listen did u switch the video settings?

7. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Its hard to believe that you did not see a difference between regular old RCA cables and HDMI cables.
    Are you sure that your TV is in fact an HDTV?!? The first time I hooked up my PS3 via the HDMI cables there was sound but no video so I had to restart the PS3 and I had video. Like xXxBG said, tinkering with the video setting may solve your issue but I never even had to touch the setting in my PS3. Other than that I find it hard to believe that you did not see a difference with using HDMI cables.

8. escalante

escalante Regular member

What TV do you have? I can clearly see the difference between the crap RCA and HDMI. I have a Vizio btw.

9. juanpollo

juanpollo Member

I have a Vizio also and there is a big difference between HDMI and RCA outputs. Go to video settings, video output, and make sure HDMI is selected.

10. juanpollo

juanpollo Member

Sorry, double post

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007