1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3NEWS Hosting BRICKING firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vampirexx, Aug 20, 2007.

1. vampirexx

vampirexx Member

I have bricked my PSP because i didn't know about the quarrel between PS3NEWS and WC/M33. I would like to say, shame on PS3NEWS and M33 for bricking ppls PSP on purpose. Im mad at PS3NEWS for stealing/editing EBOOT.PHP. And now they're trying to erase the threads that have already been posted. Trying to cover up they're shame. I have started a EFNET channel #PS3NEWZ, so ppl can join and give they're feedbacks or a piece of they're minds. Since the channel #PS3NEWZ disabled any msgs to be posted on the channel. Shows that they're trying to control the situation and prolly erasing any evidence that they tampered with the boot.php. I hope that M33 come out w/ a FIX, or most of us will leave the PSP scene for good.

2. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Sorry, I don't read PS3 anything... what is it that bricks the PSP? I doubt M33 would be bricking PSPs on purpose.

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

read the readme in 3.52M33 UPDATE 3

it's stated clearly at the bottom

~not to be a dick but, all the more reason to read your readme's.

4. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you will brick your PSP if you use ANY edited version of the EBOOT.PBP for 3.52 M33-3

the correct md5 of the 'good' version is:
    b20e264b1e2042be87ee361fe9dd8ebf

5. vampirexx

vampirexx Member

Obviously I did read the README.TXT. Smuff- Don't judge me when you don't even know the whole situation. Stupid PS3NEWS edited the TXT and PHP file. Its not my fault that i didn't know the whole situation. I have a life, i don't sit on the fu-cking computer all day to read threads and every freaking post. So don't fu-cking judge me before you think twice! I don't appreciate how ppl think of me as a noob, and that im an idiot for not reading the readme. I did read the readme, and it did not have that ps3news warning brick. I'm not mad @ you, but mad @ ps3news. Just don't jump to conclusions that i didn't read the manuals. I hate being judged and stereotyped like im an idiot!

6. finjetsu

finjetsu Regular member

lol that is jokes

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Calm down and take a few deep breathes, he was only trying to help and he told you he wasn't meaning to be a dick.

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

When you run the update it warns you of the consequences of using the ps3news version. Did they also edit that out?

9. vampirexx

vampirexx Member

yea it was edited out of the eboot. im sorry if offended anyone,except for PS3NEWS.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

now edit all those "f" words now that you have settled down ASAP.

11. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

M33 have now released an update 3.52 M33-4 which now does not brick your psps if the EBOOT is edited but semi-bricks it allowing you to recover and install the proper version.

ps3news have taken down their forums temporarily in response to the readme in M33-4...

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Haha, yea i read that, i like where you have to place the recovery file :)

13. m33rocks

m33rocks Guest

yeah this is pretty funny !!!!

quoted from
    Team M33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for yankee paranoids, a little word about the "brickers" issue.
    We repeat it again: THERE IS NO MALICIOUS CODE inside M33.
    Some of the files of this update are protected by encryption schemes to protect ourselves
    from that page that annoys homebrew developers.
    The keys for the decryption: the own update file.
    So if the file is changed, the decrypted data is not the original one, and this causes the
    wrong data to be written. There is no way you can call this malicious code as there is no explicit
    code to brick nothing, it is the corruption of the update what actually causes the bad decrypted
    data to be written.

Anyways in this update we check if decrypted data is wrong and in that case we write a recovery
    warning the user what happened. It will activate usb, and it will allow you to execute a recovery
    eboot.pbp... in a curious path ("ms0:/PSP/GAME/PS3NEWS_ARE_STEALERS_I_AM_NOT_GONNA_VISIT_THEM/EBOOT.PBP")
    which is not at sight of an hex editor

If you visited ps3news and bricked in last release, then blame his administrator.
    He is the one that modified the files and had them in the server for lots of hours
    knowing the consequences.

As this person doesn't care about publishing homebrew coders personal info because he thinks he's
    funny and hursh doing that, we dont think he will mind either that we "leak" his data
    After all is nformation that can be obtained publically.

Administrator of ps3news: Daniel Serafin, owner of old ps2ownz domain (now he uses a reg. proxy),
    and name to which advertisements are CURRENTLY payed in ps3news. (it could be either him or his father)
    Location (maybe old): 117 Yorktown Dr Webster, NY 14580 (USA)

Password: _DANIEL_SERAFIN_BRICKED_HIS_ASS_BY_M33_

14. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

So PS3Newz published users' personal information or passed it on to someone and now m33 is pissed at them?

And... does anyone else see a problem with taking Sony's Firmware code and attempting to use an agreement license? I mean... it's not m33's code to begin with... and I doubt they have any authority over the changes they've made? Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm not really into the whole coding aspect of psp, I don't have the time :(

15. m33rocks

m33rocks Guest

i sugguest you vistit the m33 forums. I do agree to a point with m33 but screw sony i will tell you if you have a regular psp without m33 your psp sucks so if it makes them feel better to have an agreement then so be it as long as the keep updating this firmware. besides have you read what ps3 news did they deserve this ten fold if there is one group you shouldn't mess with its m33 they are the ultimate cfw creators even more since dark alex left the scene. m33 really did not do any thing this was all due to the jack off at ps3news.

16. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

uhm they did do something, which was semi uncool, mind you Noobz is working on a way to unbrick those m33 bricks, and why involve innocent people that are trying to use your software by turning the hardware into a doorstopper?

M33 has said and i repeat "we had to pick up where DAX left off since he left the scene" remember, before he left the scene they hadn't come around....and either way, i'm sticking to my 3.40OE anyway, i don't jump on the flippin CFW wagon everytime someone releases a new one, as i honestly don't see a reason for it yet.

and what r u, some kind of kissass? m33rocks, don't you have your own handle or something?

and vamp, i wasn't stating that you didn't, i was just stating that most people don't read them. also stick to a more reliable site for CFW like either the Dev's homepage or psp-hacks

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  17. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

hey vampirexx, how'd u like that unbricker u got from BC's? and any idea on how it modified ur extra battery?