1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 and Xbox3 to bleed from the aftermath of the Wii

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by anubis66, Jun 12, 2007.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Just cuz Nintendo have a massive loyal fanbase doesnt mean it will kill the competition.

Yes its true wii games are fun with its weak graphics and all but its not going to put a stop to Sony and MS graphic/horse power race.

The main focus of gaming has been graphics... Nintendo was a part of it as well back in the N64 days. But just cuz they drop out of the race and did something different doesnt mean every company is going to follow them.

Especially with Hardcore titles likes Halo, MGS, GOW, GTA...those games attract more audience than the wii can ever will. These are the games you see ppl play online 24/7. I doubt the wii will influece those games at all so dont worry about Cooking Mama Gear Solid to come out anytime soon.

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

its all about what u like ive played all three ang they are all great systems and yes as far as the wii the only reason its sold so many is that it is the cheapest its fun but it doesnt have the power of 360 or ps3 my prediction is fall playstations are going to start selling like hotcakes from august on out ps3 owners are finally going to see a game library warhawk socom gta4 mgs4 and so on the wii may be selling a lot right now but if u look at the wiis selection during this time period its games kinda fall off because it wont have the powerhouse titles that the ps3 or 360 will have but that was a good thread though but us "hardcore gamers" make up about 75% of the industry so i dont see xbox or sony changing its style

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  4. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

if you read the whole article (a link and the bottom of the article), it talked of all the ports to the wii from ps2 and psp, losing creativity. plus its easier to sell a pack of low end minigames for a big price that to make an indepth game like resistance, motorstorm, lair, gears of war, halo, etc.

5. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

plus, this is all a matter of time. thats why i said the next next gen will be effected. companies follow where the money goes. i hate it when people move in on territory of mine and wreck up the place (i.e. so many casual games desiring quick spurts of ugly gaming, causing those who make my games to make them suit the crowd.)

6. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

dont worry anoobis next gen consoles will be super comutpers, of course except for whatever nintendo has to offer.

ps4, xbox 720, and wii-wii my prediction for corny ass names.

7. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

anywayyyy... i would rather play my ps2 then anything other than wii sports for 30 minutes...

8. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

u have a point the most time ive ever been on a wii is for wii sports

9. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

i've played and seen the others.. but wii sports is the only one that kept me playing...but i couldnt play that for over an hour unless it was a tournament with friends or something

10. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

nintendo is going to use the same tactics they used with the nes to make the wii dominate and to control the market. its pretty evil what they did, and even more evil how they basically got away with it.

11. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

ehh... the wii will die down after a couple of years. Especially with the way games are going....too many PS2 ports and not enough 3rd party support. Games are too simple, flick the mote a lil and you can still serve and bowl etc... would be better if you have to actually swing it full motion and realistic.

Anyways my point is that it doesnt do enough for it to take over Sony snd MS completely.

12. tanta

tanta Regular member

hi. i have a wii and i think its great. i agree that in the end the ps3 will take over bt i will keep going back to my wii because i like to get involved and not just sit there looking at a screen. i plan to get all the consoles bt until the price drops ill have to wait.

13. cloning

cloning Member

That coming from a NON-nintendo-fanboy site?
    Oh and btw Wii is just a fad.

14. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Is this the story about the brother of a GOW programmer that is sad because a new group of people are now buying different kinds of games?