1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSL File Mass Distribution - The New Status Quo - Mission Statement - PLEASE BROWSE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Wizry11, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Wizry11

Wizry11 Member

Yes, yes I am a "noob" but this is for the advanced users to browse only, therefore I believe I am posting in the right forum . . . I have backed up over 150 DVD's thus far but still need your help because the task that I wish to discuss would be better left in your capable hands . . .

The ease of the RE2 backup with an available PSL file has led to this epiphany . . .

Fellas the time has come . . . this whole backup process has been too streamlined until now with the DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter duo, we have been lucky . . . the need for vobblanker, etc has made these forums blow up with noobs asking rather complicated questions which seemingly cannot be answered in the yes/no format . . as I look into the issue there could be an answer to make your lives easier in your postings . . .

PSL files when available for certain movies can make the process for the whole DVD backup community, noob and advanced user alike, like taking candy from a baby.

In order to make this a reality, the focus of our efforts would be better shifted to the distribution of LEGIT PSL FILES once they are engineered and tested. This way there would be one streamlined answer to most of the questions pouring into these forums regarding all known DVDs which carry this cyclic redundancy check error within DVD shrink . . . if these files were readily available, the DVD backup community would then be ready to meet the new encryption standards that are now available and seemingly becoming more and more widespread.

Any comments and opinions concerning the feasibility of this endeavor would be GREATLY appreciated.

IF nothing else, just food for thought my friends.

Please hold all flames . . . I discuss this topic with all seriousness.

Much thanks for all the info provided to all us noobs.

Wiz

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Was that the State of the Union address?

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

new version of decrypter can rip these movies no problem.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The fact that both DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD were very quickly updated to handle the new protections would make the time and effort put into a PSL database not worth the effort in my opinion.

6. Wizry11

Wizry11 Member

no larrylje its just a post that made you feel insecure about your own level of intelligence . . . no need to post and flame me back - u know im right. (though i'm sure you feel the need to) And im not knocking you my friend, you asked me a question and i gave an honest answer in return - i'm a psychology major . . . better just let this one slide please

thank you veblin and squizzle for your responses - if the new version of dvd decrypter takes care of this issue i will be a happy man indeed . . . though i tried it yesterday with the newest version of decrypter and still an error came up . . . if this happens again i'll copy to notepad and post my findings for further assistence. Trying it again as i type . . . wish me luck

Cheers,

Wiz

7. Wizry11

Wizry11 Member

thank you nephilim as well

8. Wizry11

Wizry11 Member

I/O error!

Just got the following read error . . . ???

Device: [0:0:0]_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A 202C (D:) (ATA)

Scsi Status:0x02
    Iterpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 20 00 F0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: READ (10) - Sector: 2097392

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 20 00 F0 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: unrecoverable Read Error

9. Wizry11

Wizry11 Member

hmmm after 43 retries decrypter continued and still has the error count at zero . . . does this mean the error was avoided? im trying Garden State right now . . . it had a cyclic error in shrink like RE2 . . .

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

And this is with Decrypter 3.5.2.0? It could very well be a bad factory disc with a bit of corrupt data on it. Is the disc clean and scratch free?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Lays on couch for further anilization from the psychology major.

Did you try the new version of "AnyDVD". I used that for Garden State and little black book had no problem backing it up. If still having a problem more then likely its 1 of the Causses Neph has posted. Bad Factory DVD, scratches, unclean.