1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSO I & II vs Plus edition

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by insaneiam, Dec 18, 2004.

1. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

Sorry, but I didn't find a thread that explains how to tell if you have the original or the Plus version of Phantasy Star Online I & II. Also, for the exploit, do you need to pay the monthly gaming fee, or does the exploit happen before the point where payment would have to be used?

Total NooB to NGC. :cool:
    Thanks!

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

on the game case in small letters next to the title it says plus thats how you tell. I would just buy the mod chip because it looks to be better than useing the pso trick.

3. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

Well, I don't see the "Plus" anywhere (how small is the print?). But, I also saw online two pictures. The original had a normal case. The Plus shows a yellow/orange highlight circle thing that says in black text, "Great Offline split-screen action for up to four players" (this is on the front cover, bottom-right of the "Episode I&II" title).

So, now I'm slightly confused, since I don't see the "Plus" printed, but I do have this yellow/orange circle thing.

4. micahman

micahman Member

bump- I dont see anything saying plus, and if you are getting it off ebay you cant really examine the case. How can you easily tell which is plus and which is normal, and no one said anything about the fees.

5. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

Yes, please tell about fees. Also, does anyone know where to get a broadband adapter cheap (or at least reasonable)??? Can't get them at local stores anymore.

6. philipman

philipman Regular member

The gamecrazy by my house in seattle has them and it says plus right after pso, and if it does not it should be the original.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  7. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

thanks philipman ...

still, does anyone care to reply ... do you need to pay the $9/mo for the exploit to work? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to, but just want to make sure.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No you don't. My tutorial explains the process of creating a free online profile for use with the exploit.

9. Qualakon

Qualakon Guest

If I had the plus version (which I do) can I use Phoenix to 'hack' the Gamecube?

10. Qualakon

Qualakon Guest

If I had the plus version (which I do) can I use Phoenix to 'hack' the Gamecube?

11. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

btw .. i got lucky and found a NEW broadband adapter at a local GameStop. Price tag was $40, but it was in the 50% off bin so I got it for only $20!!! These bad boys are hard to find now, so I would recommend looking now, or hitting Nintendo's site to order one online.