1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psone save file on psp not recognised by Ps3

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Auron09, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Auron09

Auron09 Member

I recently bought Final Fantasy VII-IX on my ps3 and wanted to use my old saves on my psp. I had ripped the same games years before and tried to use their save files.
    It is possible for me to transfer the files from my psp memory to my ps3 on a virtual memory card. But when loading the game on my ps3, it is not there for some reason.

Strangely enough this method did work for Final Fantasy VII. If I make a save on my Ps3 and transfer that to my psp, it does work. Even when I drag that save back again.

Any ideas? Because the save data is there on my psp.

Btw all my games are pal and so are the psn games I bought.

2. Auron09

Auron09 Member

Right, I updated to the current OFW and put all Final Fantasies on my PSP. The original ones.

They do recognize my save data, after I import it from my other folder using the memory card utility on the psp.
    But when trying to transfer that data back to the Ps3 it still won't show up.
    Well. The data gets recognized during the importing of saves on my psp. But when loading they don't work sadly.

I really don't get this. There isn't anything wrong with my saves since they work fine on my PSP.
    Is there no one who can help me with this?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012