1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 1.5 with 4GB+ Memory Stick

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DewDew, Jan 16, 2007.

1. DewDew

DewDew Member

In order for the PSP to read a 2GB+ memory stick, the firmware of the PSP must be 2.70 or higher. However, I would like to keep my PSP 1.5 due to an array of compatibilities with version 1.5.

I know DevHook is a possibility, but I don't understand the logic in having a 4GB stick with version 1.5.

If I have a 4GB stick with psp 1.5, will it show only 1gb w/o devhook, and when I want to play iso games and boot with devhook (firmware 2.70+) will it show the rest of the 4gb storage?

Thanks.

2. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

strange...

my 1.5 was reading all 4gb, or at least that's the stick that holds all my emus and roms.

i thought the threshold was nothing greater than 4gb fror 1.5

3. nypsp

nypsp Member

i have a 4gb on my psp with 1.5 no need for devhook it works fine and you get all the gb you would normally have , u dont loose anything , if u get a 4gb ms you will be fine

4. DewDew

DewDew Member

Thanks.

5. NextonwwE

NextonwwE Member

hey 4gb is great i recently got 1 for 80$

6. nypsp

nypsp Member

no prob , i was confused at first too because there are a few threads out there that say the 4 gb wont work with a 1.5 and a few that says it does, so i just bought it and i confirmed it myself that it works