1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 1.50 ----- What next?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MckinneR, Jun 7, 2007.

1. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

Ok I posted a few weeks ago about downgradging from 3.40 and someone say that I was stuck, I wanted to run homebrew once more so I got another psp at 2.81 and updated it to 3.03 then downgradged to 1.50 so what should be the next step, I see that there are cool ways to customize the fonts and run the ISO, what version of what do I need to get the most out of the psp, As I look I see a lot of fourms to explain alot of different things please point me in the right direction------>

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

if you want to get into fonts and theme customizing-you will need to upgrade to Dark_Alex's custom firmware of 3.40OE-A (which is the newest version), and still have ability to play your ISO's and whathavenot...with a custom firmware-you no longer need a loader like devhook or fastloader for your ISO games like you did with 1.5- you just put the games in the ISO folder, and start them from the memory stick (still need a UMD game in the drive though), not to mention, you get all the functions back (internet browser..etc) that you lost when you downgraded to 1.5-

hope this helps..

3. MckinneR

MckinneR Member

Thanks a lot, thats just what I wanted to know, I found a easy installer on one of the other fourm pages an will upgrade,
    Thanks

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No problem-those winstallers are nice because they do the work for you-took mine like 2 minutes to flash my firmware.

5. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

Ive got a TA82 with 2.71 firmware, do i need to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.40 OE-A or can I just upgrade straight upto 3.40 OE-A to use the cso's on the 4gb memory stick?

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

you will need to upgrade to official FW 3.03, and then downgrade to 1.5 using the 3.03 downgrader that has the patch for your motherboard.