1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 2.60 need themes and cool things

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Jyounya, May 29, 2007.

1. Jyounya

Jyounya Guest

I am a noob...I am on my 3rd PSP within a 4 week period(i had the 30$ extra plan, with receipt)...the 1st - dropped it getting out a car...the 2nd - accidently upgraded to 3.40...now with the current one fresh out the box, it has 2.60 firmware...all I want to do is be able to have cool themes and boot sequences...and possible run some homebrew in the future...I know I may sound like I know what I am talking about, but I have no clue (as in what the hell does "bricked" mean). I know dealing with noobs is a hassle...but I am just trying to be a pro like you guys...if you guys could point me in the right direction...a killer tutorial or something would help...Thanks

2. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

well do u have gta:lcs? to use for downgrading 2.60

3. Jyounya

Jyounya Guest

Technically...I dont have the UMD disc, but I did download the game off Bitcomet....do I actually need the GTA:LCS UMD Disc to downgrade?

4. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yeh unless u do the 2.80 downgrader

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You don't need GTA umd. You can update to 2.71 or 2.8 first, then run the respective downgrades.

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

thats wot i sed 2.8 downgrader

7. Jyounya

Jyounya Guest

How do I upgrade to 2.80?

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  9. Jyounya

Jyounya Guest

ok I really need a beginners guide...I know someone has to have one...scott thanks for the think...I am still a noob...I am still trying to find out what "bricked" means...how do I know if my PSP is TA-082? I saw a cool tutorial on PSP customizing and I cannot find it again. I just bought a used GTA LCS, is has the original patch thingy "ULUS 10041" as well, let me know where I can go to know what to do with noob proof instrustions...

10. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

it doesnt matter if its a ta-082 use the 3.03 downgrader

11. Jyounya

Jyounya Guest

ok ok , I know my questions cannot be answered by just saying "press start twice and you will have 1.50 firm ware from 2.60"...the guides that people are asking me to go to are related to firmware I dont even have...I have only had a PSP for 4 weeks...2 weeks ago is when I heard about firmware customiztions and stuff...All I want to do is customize some themes, characters, and boot sequences. Homebrew woudl be nice too...I have TS-082 PSP, GTA LCS Unpatched, and 2.6 Firmware...who ever can get me where ever I can do the mentioned, I will be forever in-dept to you. Thanks

12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  13. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

3.03 downgrader is easier

14. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

WAY easier. it is the only one i reccomend. all the other ones have higher brick rates.

15. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

only cos u av used it twice lol and u upgrsaded to 3.10 wot planet u on dude

16. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol that was wen i was a n00b and didnt know bout custom firmwares. geez, i look back on that now and laff. i really like how some n00b bought it for $165. lol