1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

has anyone heard of this psp 2 its supposedly got a new definitive new design but theirs no news ive only heard rumors

2. HyphyDesi

HyphyDesi Guest

Me too,its rumors... Im going to kill them if they bring one out cuz my psp is only 4 months old. I coulda just bought the psp2 then.

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I have heard that the new PSP2 will have an 8GB flash....just imagine....anyways, psp is still going to be the number one until ps2 emulation is finally achieved.....or at least thats what i think...

the ps2 runs about 300GHz and the psp has the capibility of running 333Ghz....so, imagine what the psp2 will hold in store....

goodness, im all juicy-moutheded

4. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i think you mean Mhz lol 333ghz wow that would be fast jesus christ roflmao. speaking of that speed the psp doesnt even use that full potentioal with overclocking by using hardware or homebrew.

with an 8 gig flash that must cost a pretty penny what size is the flash at the moment i didnt actually know?

5. trippy92

trippy92 Regular member

if they bring a psp 2 out that will be hard to homebrew beacaus they will proberbly put a special hb block like on the ta82 mb

6. matt11504

matt11504 Regular member

i have heard from a guy working at EB games that the psp2 will have two analog sticks to make the first person shooters better. but i cant confirm its true so i dont belive it. and i like the one analog stick.

7. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

8GB flash and NO UMD DRIVE

Probabley going to be a Mylo rip off, unless of course some rumor mill mistook a prototype mylo for a psp 2...

8. matt11504

matt11504 Regular member

what! the umd drive is one of coolest things on the psp. it better not be taken out of the psp.

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

The rumors are actually in relation to a second possibly 'deluxe' model; not a true successor. The two joysticks thing is bunk. No one in a gamestore will ever have a big industry leak. EVER. Believe me, they're more likely to have wrong information, because the Sony/M$/Nintendo reps are trained to get people crazy psyched on their products, even if it means unfounded info. In my time at Gamestop, the Sony rep particularly hated me, because I always knew the questions he didn't have answers for, or didn't want to; and I refused to buy his rumor bunk.

It's too soon for Sony to be considering the PSP2, and they know it, it would be admitting defeat this soon in; but a revised model has been rumored by several more reliable sources, though denied by Sony, as always. The new model is said to have a built in 8gb of memory, and may be smaller, but that's still a major design issue, because making it smaller requires really putting a lot of care into the button adjustment, to make sure it's still comfortable. I for one, wouldn't mind the shoulder buttons going onto the upper back of the system, similar to the triggers in an xbox controller, it would feel a lot better than their akward layout now-Although that's not even a rumor, that's pure specualtion and opinion from myself.

The rumors that are credible involve two major points:
    -8gb internal storage
    -POSSIBLY a smaller unit(Which may inevitably include a smaller screen, let's hope not!)

10. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

*Im not for one second questioning your information*

I don't see it being viable for sony to release a PSP2 at all. I mean, the console isn't THAT popular, they're probabley going to charge even more for it, and it won't even be any better (except for maybe the comfort redesign).

Plus 8GB of flash? What for? OK so some people would like that for movies and what not, but when sony release their 32GB memory cards in 2009, won't it be a bit pointless?

TBH i think this is just one big nasty rumour.

11. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i think it would be great for the customer and sony. maybe boost marketing efforts and a new sleek shape. if it is a rumour im kinda let down by sony and by the person that got quite a few peoples hopes up if it isnt i cant w8 for it

12. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

man, the psp's true potential hasn't been even exploited yet. and sony's about to release a psp2? no way my psp hasn't even reached a year of its age. it's just not practical for sony to produce another console at the moment. if i were sony, i'd make the price compatible with the ds in order to secure its marketability.

in case the psp2 comes, in terms of multi functionality, i wish it's more dandy than our cellphones, they would add a bluetooth connectivity, a headset, a built-in high definition cam, an audio-video in out jack, a voice recorder, a tv tuner using radio signals(not wifi), a touchscreen, a umd rewritter(like the cd/dvd rw rom), and a communications establishment(calling, sms, mms etc).

in terms of gaming i wish it could emulate all 6th generation consoles and lower such as the ps2, gamecube, xbox etc. i wish it had an internal storage of at least 8gb.

now that outta be one hell of a gadget.
    everything's possible, you just have to wait for a breakthrough :)