1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PsP 3.03 OEC upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by SerekLaw, Mar 16, 2007.

1. SerekLaw

SerekLaw Member

Hiya im not sure if this is right place to write this, if not i am extremely sorry i am rubbish at all this stuff. I am atm trying to upgrade my PsP to firmware Ver. 3.03 OE-C, trouble is im been really thick...FaQ sats- - Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in
    2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE. Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP...now i have copied oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to where they need to go...but i cannot find 120.PBP or 3.03.PBP anywhere in my directory or in the folder i got upgrade from...also says Execute the update maker. It will generate the dxar file. What does this mean i dont know how to execute or where to find dxar file...and finally it says Execute the flasher and follow the instructions. How do i execute the flasher....sorry fo this massive post and my immence DIMNESS...but any assistance woulld be greatly accepted..thanx in advance ..sereklaw.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

haha dimness :D i'll help u just coz that was funny ;)

go to this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892 and download the easy installer for either 3.03OE-C or 3.10OE-A (OE-C recomended) and run the .exe file (make sure psp is conected through usb)

then run the update

3. SerekLaw

SerekLaw Member

thx alot for ur reply paul i found out where i was going wrong just after i posted. but info was much apps. On that note i have one other question if u dont mind...i got an ISO and a CSO of 2 games, i followed the instruction on other threads here. I created an ISO folder on the root and put (alternatly) the cso and iso in there. trouble is when i look on games->menu-> mem stick the game shows up but when i slect it the screen goes blank and i get msg saying game could not be started (80020321) again it is proberly dimness on my part...but if u coould help a mentally challenged fellow out again i'd be grateful :) Sereklaw

4. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

I encountered the same problem when i upgraded to 3.03 OE C......
    later on i discovered that u hav to change the settings from the recovery mode to get this problem resolved.So dude configure the recovery mode!

1)switch PSP off.
    2)Press and hold the "R" trigger
    3)While holding switch the psp on again
    4)recovery mode will appear
    5)enter the configuration settings
    6)change the Homebrew kernel from 3.03 to 1.5 kernel
    7)if u want to run ISOs without a umd in drive also enable no UMD mode (50 % of the isos work without a umd in drive,others require a UMD in drive)
    8)Exit the recovery mode and enjoy ur ISOs

5. SerekLaw

SerekLaw Member

ty hari u and paul and all at afterdawn are legends, i'd be lost with people like youselfs..much apps :) sereklaw

6. SerekLaw

SerekLaw Member

guys, just a quick one...can gba emulators work on 3.03 oe-c cos evrytime i install mine it says corrupted data. searched about for a "3.03 oe-c" gba emulaor, but no luck. And yes...the Nubcake has struck again...thx sereklaw