1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 3.11 decrypter worries?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by XEidelonX, Mar 2, 2007.

1. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

hello i just recently like most of the other ''noobs'' and upgraded right away to 3.11 and well i fell quite dumb for doing it but i was wondering if anyone could explain what the 3.11 decrypter/dumper does and ..how to go about it? like if i dump the firmware can i just reinstall a new oe version or 1.5? =/ any answer would be appreciated im really worried about bricking it by walking into something i dont fully understance thx.

2. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

right now i think your stuck on your 3.11 till a downgrader comes out. sorry dude, why do new psp owners upgrade right away?

3. superduty

superduty Guest

Because they want the new firmware just like we want the new OE every time. And no dude you can't downgrade a 3.11 firmware. Doubt it will happen for some time. Take your psp back and tell them the games/movies keep freezing up. all psp's you buy from the store will be downgradable.

4. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

yea...use ur imagination.XD

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007
  5. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

Hey guys thx alot for the replies ive been up all night looking at texts and i might resolve to wait it out for a downgrader ..well i ended up getting the new firmware to try out the syphon filter game which was in a demo pack/videos/images just to play something besides gta l/b stories and to get the demo pack i needed to upgrade >.< sony got me!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  6. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

sorry for the double post but to answer the question i asked which i later found out what it meant

''what is the decrypter and what does it do?''

from my readings the decrypter just allows the user to see the source code? for the psp firmware installed but it doesnt allow a downgrade...wonder what the firmware dumper does though?

7. assasinex

assasinex Member

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

according to that, DAX doesnt think that 3.11 is worth making an OE for...and that the decrypter would logically come out right before the downgrader...

no new news... all this means, is that sony is slacking; since the 3.10 decrypter works for 3.11 as well...downgrade soon to come probably...

...soon meaning, months to an old person "soon"...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  9. assasinex

assasinex Member

o_O ....wait, so wuts and OE? im new to all this psp stuff...

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

OE means open end...meaning: all the security & abilities of 3.11 and 1.50...meaning, you can play ISOs CSOs Homebrew etc...

11. sutty5

sutty5 Guest

So let me just get this straight, there will be a 3.11 downgrader, maybe in a few months or less.