1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp 3.11 downgrader PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kudoh, Mar 13, 2007.

1. kudoh

kudoh Member

im so confused about this downgrding stuff and i just got a psp. all i know is that i upgraded to 3.11 firmware and now im all confused about this 3.03 0e-c stuff and this custon firmware. it would be a great help if somone could help me out and tell me there is going to be somthing to get me 3.11 firmware to 1.5 firmware.

p.s. what devhook?

2. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

omg you really are a total newbie.
    well well well..

custom firmwares are versions of the psp that can make you play ISO games and PSX games on your psp that doesn't need a loader, and you can use recovery mode everytime you screw up and brick that psp of yours. custom firmwares are mostly tagged w/ the an "OE" postfix on its version. the most popular custom firmwares are 3.03oe-c and 3.10oe-a.

a loader, such as devhook, can also make you play ISO games but it uses a more complicated method: you need to config your psp, copy some files and, you couldn't reformat your memory stick. it also uses an older firmware version w/c means less compatible games. so far, the highest firmware that can be converted into a custom firmware is 3.03. there's no downgrader for a 3.11 yet. you'll just have to wait.

when you say "BRICK," it means that your psp is non-functional due to an internal software malfunction w/c means your psp won't work, though it has a power.

try searchin' the this forums and read them. a lot of similar questions have been asked and have been answered. i'm sure you don't want to get criticized for not ready, and for posting inappropriately. well that's just a piece of advice. :)

3. Fleetphoe

Fleetphoe Member

Dude Just Wait Till Dark-Alex Releases the new downgrader that if he is going to make one apperently hes cracked the security so thats a start

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Come on dude no need to be such an ass. I remember a month ago when u first joined and asked things like that.

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Doesnt matter how many times you say "use search" people are still going to have questions that need answers.
    And at times the information around the forums can be abit confusing to a "noob" so its up to us to make it that little bit clearer.
    I have no quams in answering those questions.

6. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

what more complicated method you just need to copy the files to the memory stick ,and what do you mean with less compatible games and older firmware version ,device hook boots 3.11 and all the new psp games work fine,just tested call of duty ,ratchet and clank ,the warriors and they all work

@kudoh for now its only possible to downgrade from 3.03 you need to wait

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

devhook IS more complicated then custom firmware, with custom firmware you dont have to use devhook.

8. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

Yeah why not just use 3.10 OE A' It works fine for me and it makes using emus and isos simple.

9. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

no doubt that the custom firmware is better , but i dont think that is complicated to use\install device hook

10. Burgy

Burgy Member

Hi im new to all this aswell,i got my psp 2 days ago,ive got 3 films and 3 games and have dl demos etc,im impressed for a handheld,i also updated to 3.11 and am wondering if theres any update on a patch for version 3.11?

it will be interesting learning how to go 'back'...

11. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

there is no 3.11 downgrader at the moment it's only possible to downgrade from 3.03

12. Cyclone13

Cyclone13 Member

So can you run a Dev hook on a 3.11?

13. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

wud it be easier to make a 3.11 devhhook instead of making a downgrader?

14. BeEdNo

BeEdNo Member

OK it is June 13 now, any downgrader for 3.11 yet?

15. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

Look for the answeres here! (Google)lol no no downgrader. check Noobz website and such for info or...(www.google.com)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007