1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 3.40/3.10 OE-A 8002014C Error Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mp003443, Jun 5, 2007.

1. mp003443

mp003443 Member

When I bought my PSP, it was a version 2.81. I couldn't play any homebrewed games, so I tried to upgrade it to 3.10 and install the 3.10 OE-A patch by Dark Alex. However, when I tried to run the 3.10 OE-A installer, I got a message "The game could not be started (8002014C).

I though no big deal, and upgraded to 3.40 and tried to run 3.40 OE-A installer. Once again, I got the 8002014C error. I could successfully run the official updaters, and can run UMDs just fine.

If anybody knows how to fix this problem, please help me!

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Oh my god...did you even read the readme's? You have to be on 1.5 to install those and now you are f**ked! You could have downgraded to 1.5 from 3.03 but now that you updated you are screwed...You cannot update to 3.10oe from 3.10...it dosn't work that way. You should've actually read the readme it says specifically that you need to have an oe/se or version 1.5...

3. TwinBlade

TwinBlade Regular member

Sorry bud, looks like your not gonna be able to play homebrew for a while now, until DA comes up with a downgrader for 3.40.

4. mp003443

mp003443 Member

Yeah, I noticed too late. I was listening to a post from somebody else who never told me about that part. I gues ill just have to wait until november 14th.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

maybe u will, maybe longer, i bet you this november 14 Sh*t was just a big rumor! how are u supposed to know when you can make a downgrader, especially an exact date for a downgrader! Sum1s tryin to get our hopes up for nutin, i made same mistake too lol :D im screwed

6. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Nobody Is Screwed!!! I cant believe how sometimes bad advice is given.

I have a PSP with 3.40 OE-A Installed and I can run Home Brew without any problems. The Solution is a PIECE OF CAKE Your ready for this?

Are you ready? You dont have to wait till november or whenever to get a Downgrader.

Ok Here is the solution.

You create a folder called GAME150 in you're E:\PSP Folder....

THATS IT!!! Thats the solution.

make a folder like this.

e:\psp\game150\

and put your games inside the game150 folder

Now was that Easy or what?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

too bad thats for when ur already ON AN OE FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!! if u read the whole thread, (s)hes on an official firmware.

8. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

<Insert foot in mouth>

hehehe I read it wrong!!

She upgraded to Official 3.40 rather than 3.40 OE-A.

Than yeah, she'll have to wait. :)

9. huee

huee Member

Hey guys, I am using firmware 3.40 OE-A and attempting to use a MAME Emulator. Any suggestions on which one to use? I was also getting the above error message, then placed the folder into game150 but I am still unable to load a MAME game.

10. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Make your own thread don't revive an old one that has nothing to do with what your asking.

11. huee

huee Member

Unless your information is relevant to my question, don't post dick head responses.

12. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

unless ur question is relevent to the thread, dont post dickhead questions.

13. thetyler

thetyler Member

the games dont show up. what am i doing wrong? nvm i deleted the game file too my bad.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007