1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 3.40 OE-A BRICKED????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by blackorea, Aug 5, 2007.

1. blackorea

blackorea Member

help me please
    i think my psp bricked...what do i do?

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Are you sure you can't get into the recovery menu?

If you can't, you can do one of three things, send it to Sony who will fix it but most likely upgrade to 3.52, sell it for parts on ebay, or get a mod-chip installed/new motherboard.

3. blackorea

blackorea Member

how and where do i get a new mod chip? can i still send it to sony if i didn't get a warranty on it? and what parts do people buy?

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, if yiou're in the US you're going to have a hard time finding mod-chips as the US government recently cracked down on that. By selling it on ebay for parts i meant selling the whole unit, but as something that's just meant for bits of it to be used for other means.

And yes, you can still send it to Sony, but they'll charge you money.

5. blackorea

blackorea Member

ahhh, isn't there a better way? and how can this happen cuz the only thing i ddid was take out the flash0 files and put back in the original flash0 files....this doesn't make any sense at all

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, if you put back all of the original files then that really shouldn't have happened, i think you can delete every single file appart from recovery.prx and you will still be able to get into Recovery and put the rest of the files back. Though i'm not going to try it lol. Not sure what went wrong with you.

7. blackorea

blackorea Member

what i mean by delete is that i deleted every single thing, but i put every single thing back in......damn it my psp is still on now, i'm gonna leave it on til the battery dies, i hope that will do somethin, and how much should i sell the psp on e-bay for?

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, i delete all my files, then put them all back in again quite frequently, to change whole themes easily. And also to change firmwares (3.40 OE-A to 3.52 M33 and vice versa) so that's why i don't understand how you could have bricked.

On ebay you're not going to be able to get that much for it, but another suggestion i just came across while looking on ebay, search for "psp unbricking" and check that out as an option. (Well, on the UK site anyway)

9. blackorea

blackorea Member

nah i decided to buy a new psp, but from ebay..i see people selling the same firmware as mine for 90+ dollars, i like the sound of that

10. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

I hope you're going to say on eBay that it's bricked. Not for the sake of your user rating, but for the sake of the person who buys it. I don't want someone coming on here and saying "I bought a PSP on eBay and it doesn't turn on. What should I do."

I don't have many irks, but the one thing that I cannot stand is dishonesty.

11. blackorea

blackorea Member

i ain't selling my psp, i'm just gonna keep it just in case something comes up in the future, you never know, it might be useful in the future.

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

LOL, if i had a bricked PSP and wasn't planning on selling it, i'd take it apart, i just like separating stuff and seeing what's inside, somehow i always manage to get them working again!

13. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

One more thing you can try with the bricked PSP is take the battery out, take the memory stick out, put the battery in, hold R and turn it on to enter recovery menu (or attempt) and after about 30 seconds hit the brightness button, if it was completly bricked than it would turn off, not stay on with nothing on the screen. If that doesn't work, Attempt to enter recovery menu again and hit (in the same order) Down, Down, Down, X, Down, Down (Use D Pad and make sure you have your computer on and a USB cable connected, this should activate the flash0 folder. Hope this helps! Post back to see if it does.

14. blackorea

blackorea Member

haha i tried taking it apart but one of the screws are in tooo tight so that attempt failed, and i'm gonna try doing your method core. right now the battery is completely drained cuz i left it on all night..man -.- i kept on having dreams that when i turn on my psp i would see the psp turn on a bit but then shut off like it was tryin to stay alive !!!!!!!!!!!!! damn it!!!!!!!!

15. blackorea

blackorea Member

nope i had no luck with this...what do you mean it would turn off?

16. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

If it was completely bricked, then it would turn on and after about a minute the console would turn off, the green power light would just turn off.

17. blackorea

blackorea Member

Ok so it's not completely bricked? So what can i do now?

18. blackorea

blackorea Member

so are you saying that since it stayed on for almost the whole day it's not completly bricked?

19. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

You probably have a semi brick then. If it was a full it would turn off ASAP

20. blackorea

blackorea Member

Ok so it's possible to unbrick this right? Please help me out