1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp 3.50 downgrader

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kelso4321, Jul 2, 2007.

1. kelso4321

kelso4321 Member

why do these newbs keep asking if there is going to be a down grader with out Lumines it just makes no sense i went out a bought one for less the 20$ from ebgames so just go out and buy one

2. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Don't you need fw version 3.50 to downgrade with lumines? What if they don't have 3.50 and are somewhere between 3.11 and 3.50? Is there anyway to still get 3.50 anymore since sony released 3.51? Just asking because my brother's friends were asking me to for some help getting theirs modded. Thanks.

3. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

i know!!!!! they are soo stupid because lumines is actually the exploit! and bro, private message me, we need to talk ok?

4. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

3.50 is most definetly still available. I went 3.40 > 3.50 > 1.50 > 3.40OE.

I searched around with I THINK (PSP Sony 1.50 firmware download) and found it pretty easily. If you get really stuck send me a PM.

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

Just download the downgrader package and open up the readme, has the links to every file needed.

6. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Thanks, I will check that out, they are wanting to send it to me next month so I just wanted to make sure I could do it before thay get too excited.

7. kelso4321

kelso4321 Member

i just heard that Lumines was discontiuned

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

aka angus!!!!!!!!!!!! hey... oh man.. im so happy to know that you can upgrade my 3.40 to a 3.50... then to a 1.5.. then to 3.40oa-a... thats EXACTLY what im trying to do.... i need instructions on first how to upgrade to a 3.50... then maybe i can handle the rest.... i just dont know that when you download the update or downgrader or whatever.. it gives you the eboot.. and i dont know how to get those black folders like the guy in the video had it.. am i missin somethin?? do i got to extract somethin... and also... how did he have UPDATE in the psp>>>games>>> UPDATE?? is that because he had 3.50 already?? try and help me out.. sorry for being too long.. thanks

9. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

can't say i wasn't expecting it, remember, ur dealing with sony.

10. hongzeng

hongzeng Guest

I am at the middle of downgrading from 3.03 to 1.50. But, it comes up that the settings are corrupt, press O to continue. How do I re-enter the network setting? Please help!!!!!!!
    Thanks!

11. kelso4321

kelso4321 Member

i know i called ebgames because my bro wanted to downgrade but when he tried with my disk it did not work so i called ebgames and they said sony discontined the product

12. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

they should've continued it lmfao and secretly patched it, they could have made alot of money fooling people that thought it was still unpatched :p

13. kelso4321

kelso4321 Member

i know but sony still agagents homebrew but why dont sony just bring homebrew them selfs but secretly

14. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

im just waiting for this to happen:

15. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

I followed Igizmore's guide at
    http://igizmore.blogspot.com/2007/06/psp-350-downgrader-downgrading-guide.html

4) PSP running Sony’s official 3.50 firmware , If your psp is under 3.50 just download the update from here ,Conncet psp to PC via usb , Unzip and place the file in :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE (make a folder called UPDATE in the game folder and place the 3.50 EBOOT.PBP there ), make sure your battery is full , run the game via the GAME menu and delete the data when your done.

I made a video of me doing it, just follow the link in my sig.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  16. Dastugatz

Dastugatz Member

same thing here i am at 3.51... I have had this thing since the day it came out. I though SONY locked it down, never thinking i just did the updates. Is Lumines still going to work if i want to go back? and feedback would be killer.... thanks.

17. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

There won't be a 3.51 downgrader for a long time, because anyone who is really into the homebrew or modding scene already has a PSP and sure as hell won't do the upgrade.

Your best bet at this point is try and sell it for the same price as they cost used and buy one at 3.50 or earlier.

18. neesh0

neesh0 Member

All I can say is, Sony has screwed up big time and now they will probably be watching for exploits closer than ever. SO DOWNGRADE NOW IF YOU HAVE 3.50 OR BELOW, and if you have 3.51 then find a used psp or something

19. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yeah one just posted a thread like that.These stupid newbs get on my damn nervs,saying oh I dont want to waste money on it.WTF its just $20,why did they buy a PSP in the first place if they cant afford $20.Damn I hate newbs!!!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  20. kelso4321

kelso4321 Member

i think the reason they cant buy it is because there is none they have all been discontuined