1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp 3.71 japan updated to 3.73 n.usa

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ryecursed, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ryecursed

ryecursed Member

hi guys, i heed help with my psp slim. my gf bought it for me. its 3.71 japan version. eagerness to know more about my psp, i went to psp n america website and upgraded it to 3.73. i missed the part where there is message that says dont download is you bought your psp outside n.america. since then, my iso folder can no longer be found. i consulted my frens about it and told me to wait for the 3.80 version of japan and everythings gona be fine. i upgraded it to 3.80 and still iso folder is still not there. i tried creating one but it still doesnt work. others functions work such as mp3 and photo viewers. havent tried movie player thou.

what should i do? please help...

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

if you have official firmware then you can't run iso's so you have no need for an iso folder

3. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

despite what sony say on their websites, ALL EBOOT files have been identical so far (check the hash values md5,sha1,crc32 etc).

There is no such thing as region only EBOOTs for sony firmware. this is not your problem.

your problem is that you cannot run isos on official firmware.

you need to make/find a pandora battery in order to downgrade your psp and then install custom firmware. once you have done that you cna go to 'format memory stick' on the psp and your ISO folder will come back.

4. ryecursed

ryecursed Member

thnx so much for the info...apreciate it...my psp is working again...i hope 3.80 m33 comes out soon...

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you do know that you cannot upgrade straight to 3.80 m33 from official firmware, right? custom firmware doesn't work that way. you need to use pandora's battery and universal unbricker v3 memory stick to get 3.71 m33. then you'll be able to go to 3.80 m33, whenever it comes out.