1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 3.72

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kics82, Nov 27, 2007.

1. kics82

kics82 Member

Hey guys i just got a psp slim and it has firmware 3.72 on it i want to play iso files on it so what do i have to do i want to stay far away from pandoras battery cause where i live getting a new battery aint an easy task at all and i am a complete retard to the modding the psp scene so full english instructions would help with my ignorance.. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well, Pandora's battery is the only way.

3. kics82

kics82 Member

arg :( *cries alot* ok so if i HAVE to do this pandoras battery do i need to get another battery to do it and if not what are the steps and also my friend was saying he downloaded demos of games and they were in .PBP formate is there anyway to just open the ISO and make it into a .PBP file so that i dont have to mod the damn thing cause where i live it cost me 1000$ to get a psp yes 1000$ EC thats about 400$ some in us exchage rate is like 2.7 or 2.6

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

You do not NEED another battery, but I reccomend it, because to transorm a battery into Service mode, you need to solder it, and it is irreversible.

No that wont work because the only .pbp's that work on official firmware are ones digitally "signed" by Sony, and we cannot replicate that signature.

Download this (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Pandora-s-Box-Easier-Installer/pg/49/aid/101180) and follow those steps to create Pandora's memory stick for free. Now you just need to hardmod the battery, and you are set.

5. kics82

kics82 Member

ok 2 things i dont have a sodering gun/iorn and also u sure about the PBP i mean you guys know more than me so i wont dout you it just that i seen my friend download the demos and they were in PBP format and they were games and also what exscatly do i have to soder :S

6. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Yes, I am sure about the .pbp thing, it has been tried, and failed in miserably.

Get a soldering iron and then we'll talk ;)