1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp 3001 system software version 4.21 can i play backup games without opening my psp or puting something inside it?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rolandpm1, Jul 27, 2011.

1. rolandpm1

rolandpm1 Member

hi all i am new here my kid got a psp 3001 system software version 4.21 nickname p533 mac address 00:2:06:56:DC:60 is there a way that he can play backup games on his psp without opening it or puting something inside his psp? is there a step by step guide on how to do it? can you pls help us? thank you.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

3. rolandpm1

rolandpm1 Member

hi eisherz thanks for the reply. so all i have to do is download the link that you told me to go to? do i have to do the LCFW only or do i have to do the CFW too? is there and instruction on how to do it step by step since i am not really good at this? i read some stuff online that i can get my psp briked or messed up so if i do the download and something wrong happens how much will it cost me to get it fixed? also i read on the older model psp that they use a pandora battery will this work on my psp 3001 model? thank you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You cannot do a permanent CFW (actually that answers most of the other questions too, you'll see why).
    You cannot brick it because LCFW doesn't flash permanently to flash0.
    You cannot use a pandora battery with a 3000 model.
    For instructions, there is a readme included. Just make sure you are on 6.39 original Sony firmware first.