1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP 4GB Memory Card problem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by GodzSon, Mar 6, 2007.

1. GodzSon

GodzSon Member

Hi i bought a 4GB Memory Stick but whenever i put in my isos/csos only three of my isos appear. I have tried many things inclding
    - Deleting isocache
    - Updating to 3.10 OE-A
    - Formatted on the PC and on my PSP

The strange thing is though when i load dev hook it shows all my games but none of them work the screen just freezes when i am waiting for the UMD to load
    I have checked on ebay and it seems my memory stick is genuine (still not convinced)

Any help will be appreciated

2. oFREAKo

oFREAKo Member

could it be that your PSP is unable to read your UMD causing the problem? my psp is currently having that problem and hangs often when loading the UMD. It is now sen for repair.

3. GodzSon

GodzSon Member

It seems odd though because my UMD works fine if any one else knows any solutions please post them

4. cmdr

cmdr Member

Check to see if its a legit memory stick. Press Triangle on it and information if it has "Magic Gate" then your all right. but if it doesn't looks like you got a fake.

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

When purchasing on ebay you need to look for the word "original", not genuine or authentic or any other variation you can think of. Maybe the games themself just dont work, have you tried different copies of your iso/cso games? Anyways...just sit tight i'm sure someone will be here to help you within the next day.

6. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

you say you are on 3.10oe-a', you dont need devhook to play iso/cso games if you are on oe custom fw.

make a folder called /ISO on the root and put them their (e.g. f:/ISO)

try formatting it if you have not done already, also where did you buy it, and does it say

MagicGate*tm* Supported

when you highlight the memory Stick*tm* press Triangle and select Information it should say "MagicGate*tm* Supported" if its a authentic mem stick, if its fake it will say something differant.

7. GodzSon

GodzSon Member

I have checked the memory stick and it is real and i have reformatted loads of times and the problem still occurs

8. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

get off devhook. place all isos and csos in a ISO folder on the root of your memory stick. then try to run them.

9. PSP1231

PSP1231 Member

The solution is get another 4GB Memory Stick. How did you pay for that? Now 4GB prices are dropped down and has the same price as 2GB. In my city, 2GB($78.99) = 4GB($78.99) :)

10. GodzSon

GodzSon Member

I have been assured that my memory stick is real i dont see the reason why i should change and i dont even have any money.

I will try the no-umd trick and see if that will work

11. msailg

msailg Guest

I have a 4GB memory card and I am having problems as well. The PSP is 3.03OE-C, the card says that it is a MagicGate Unknown when the triangle is pressed. The problem is that is will only show 2 ISO games even though there are three or more in the ISO folder. I have copied the same games to a 2 GB card and all 3 etc show up ok. The 4GB is formatted as FAT32, the 2GB card is formatted FAT, is that the problem, the PSP formats FAT32 by itself? I have also noticed that when a game is deleted from the 4GB card the space is not always recovered. Has anybody else similar problems. Card purchased from ebay.

Tom

12. cmdr

cmdr Member

ok, first id just format the card useing the PSP, then try the iso's. If they dont work the card is a fake, *without magicgate it is fake* so basicly... dont buy off ebay.

13. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You didn't edit the ISO to get rid of any files did you? Because i tryed doing that and it doesn't show up on my PSP, im running 3.03 OE-C. And i know where to put the ISO's and it doesn't show up after i edit it.

14. damncrap

damncrap Member

msailg, I have the same problem, I have
    3.03OE-C, and the card says that it is a MagicGate Unknown. I guess like these guys say, its fake but my way around it for some reason, if I format the 4GB card and then straight away put like 6 games on there WITHOUT playing any of them then they all show up in the menu and play fine. Otherwise if i add any game after wards they dont show up at all.
    I also have that problem with my songs and pics, they come up as corrupt data but if I do everything one time after a format it works, DAMN EBAY!! See if that works, and maybe you have the same prblem as me with the pics and music. Sucks but its a tempory fix for me, newegg have them at good prices, might aswel buy a new one there.

15. choccy31

choccy31 Member

OK,

I got a 4GB memory stick as well and when I put it in it had over 3gb's on it but under 4gb's of space.

I put a few CSO's on it and the were fine, but although it showed me there was still space it would not show up anymore stuff on it.

In the end I got frustrated and Formatted the Stick.

Suddenly now only 1.99gb shows up as the total mmory.

This clearly in my view hs been a modified Sony card (i.e fake) would you not agree?

The seller who has sold loads of these said it could be a factory fault or something happened in post!!!

I'm sending back for replacement/refund currently.