1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP AFTER DOWNGRADE 3.71 M33-2 WITH UNIVERSAL BATTERY

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by STHEPANIE, Dec 31, 2007.

1. STHEPANIE

STHEPANIE Member

I DOWNGRADE MY PSP SLIM TO 3.71 M33-2 AFTER THAT I TRIED TO DONWGRADE TO 1.50 BUT A COULDN'T, I USED AGAIN THE UNIVERSAL DONWGRADED TO THE SAME PSP BECAUSE DIDNT WORK TO 1.50 BUT IN THIS TIME I COULDNT USE UMD GAMES O THE MEMORY STICK, ALSO IT DOESN'T SHOW THE MAC SERIAL AND IT TELLS ME "THIS GAME CANNOT BE STARTED THE REGION CODE IS NOT CORRECT" PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME ..... THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME

2. hoip

hoip Regular member

plz dont use caps its annoying and it looks like ur shouting

slims cant b downgraded to 1.5 becoz its not possible

3. GamerZ2

GamerZ2 Member

I'm sorry to inform u that ur psp is done for unless u have done ur nand backup.the problem ur facing now is because u have corrupted ur idstorge keys by trying to downgrade ur slim to 1.5 (which is obviously impossible to work on slim).If ur psp is under warranty go and replace it or send it for repair.

4. STHEPANIE

STHEPANIE Member

Thanks very much for you help, i didn't know about the psp slim till now, I don't have my backup... I wonder if i can use another back up from different psp slim can this work in mine???? thanks again hoip and GamerZ2

5. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

im sorry but ue cant....it will screw ur psp up even more as i heard of...guess ue nid another psp...gd luck and cheers!!....

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can not use someone else's NAND to restore onto your PSP.

As stated above if you just recently bought it return it for a replacement. or get it fixed under warranty.

When you get a new 1 or get the above 1 fixed make sure you backup your NAND by using the Universal Unbricker V3 and press square to dump the NAND.

Then drag the nand-dump.bin file that was dumped to PSP Memory Stick to your PC for safe keeping.

Only restore the NAND dump as a last resort.

Now you can install 3.71 M33 onto the PSP SLIM. Then update to 3.71 M33-4. You are now done and have the latest M33 custom firmware installed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

EDITED due to multi-post

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  8. STHEPANIE

STHEPANIE Member

thanks very much for you help, I just returned my slim psp now I have 3.71 M33-2, now I'm gonna backup my nand thanks very much again all of you.... one more question what is the different between 3.71 M33-2 and 3.71 M33-4 and why I can't play mario bross 3 allstar in my snes9 for slim psp, also the nes games thanks again

9. Skripturz

Skripturz Guest

can you tell me how u downgraded a slim iv been looking every where on google, can u send me the files that u used plz?

10. STHEPANIE

STHEPANIE Member

Well what I did first find a fat psp (old psp with 1.50 firmware) make a pandora battery (http://www.wikihow.com/Downgrade-Your-Psp-to-Version-1.5-Using-Your-Psp-Battery)
    after that I search how to make universal umbricker (http://pspslimhacks.com/dark-alex-m33-universal-psp-unbricker-v3/)
    I used the fat psp battery for my slim psp to downgraded to 3.71 m33-2 if you can not find somebody who can borrow you the fat psp with 1.50 or any other custom firmware you can buy it in ebay... I hope it help you

11. tifose

tifose Member