1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP and External Hard Drive questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Legend216, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Legend216

Legend216 Guest

Hello,
    I just recently started researching the possbility of getting an External Hard Drive as an addition along with the 4 GB Sandisk card I have. My question is if anyone reading this has heard of someone successfully connecting to a hard drive for file and iso transfer. I've seen a few sites that mention using a PC but are there any drives that can do the same thing PC Free? I also considered the possbility of using the drive as a wireless ethernet storage device and trying to transfer the files wirelessly that way.

I read about it possibly dealing with client\client problems but I thought I would try a thread on here first. Here are my current stats:
    3.52 M33, Irshell, 4 GB Sandisk.

If the wireless storage is a possibility I was considering buying a portable router and a USB to Ethernet Storage device to see if it could work without a computer. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any information you can provide. I don't want to buy 12 4 GB Pro Duo sticks when I could just as easily spend the same price for 1 and get a 160 GB external drive, a portable router, and a Storage device.

What about an FTP setup? I welcome any thoughts but prefer less criticism in advance, thanks.

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

I thik the four gig drive has a tab that goes into the memory card port so try using an 8gb memorystick

3. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

I thik the four gig drive has a tab that goes into the memory card port so try using an 8gb memorystick

4. foxrider

foxrider Guest

that would be pretty intense to have 160gbs of psp stuff but then wouldnt that make it a little less portable?

5. Legend216

Legend216 Guest

I may have found a way. I'm buying a 160 GB drive from my work and we'll see... It sort of uses Dosbox with MSDOS 6.22. I was going to install Windows 95 or 98 but the only thing I'd use them for is to communicate with the drive. MSDOS would take up less space and be less of a memory hog, it's just been difficult finding proper usb drivers. I can't test anything until I buy the drive. If I get it to work I'll make a guide if anyone's interested in doing the same. It would be portable because it wouldn't need a PC, just the drive and the PSP.

6. Legend216

Legend216 Guest

I'm not sure what you mean by the 4 GB having a tab and using an 8 GB pro duo stick instead, zooom. How would that improve anything? Most 30 min video clips are about 100 megs, most games that are worth having on the PSP are between 280 megs and 1.6 GB. That pretty much cuts into those sticks as being efficient storage mediums. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to use a 160 gb external drive that you can carry around with you in a bag or something. Small price to pay for such a vast storage space.

7. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

like a tab going into the memorystick port to connect it to the psp

8. deamon2k

deamon2k Regular member

no need for the bag if u have the magic that is known as DUCT TAPE!