1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp backlight fuse

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by majdi_44, Mar 5, 2007.

1. majdi_44

majdi_44 Member

my back light wont turn on, i made sure it wasn't the backlight by testing on another psp, so i want to know where the fuse for the back light is so i can bridge it. thank you herez a picture so you can circle where the fuse is, thank you
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/alex701/PICT0054.jpg

2. psp4ever9

psp4ever9 Member

the two connectors to the mobo from the screen, the small 1 is the backlight, and there is no fuse, if it is broken, u need a new screen.

3. p1r473

p1r473 Member

well..that last post wasnt very helpful..umm yeah there IS a fuse or resistor..im not sure which..or where it is but i do know that even if the backlight is burnt out then you can simply buy a broken screen, take it apart and put your good screen in it and then you have your good screen on the working backlight..its way cheeper and thats what i did..i got a whole bricked psp with broken screen for 20$ canadian..only problem..the fuse is blown on my mobo so getting a new backlight didnt help at all.. if i can find a picture of it ill be sure to let you know, unless you already know then please tell me:p

-Ben

4. psp4ever9

psp4ever9 Member

there is no fuse, its not that complicated, ill post sum pics, it is a wafer-like board in the back of the psp, and if thats shot, just get a new screen. there is no fuse