1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ender88, May 14, 2004.

1. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

So do you guys think it will be modable, that is if one can even burn the mini CDs and buy the empty cases. I wonder. The new pics and specs look amazing, the gfx are better than PSOne and close to that of PS2! I think a way will be devised, how bout you guys?

2. billz

billz Active member

i think in time everything will be able to be backed up...but if your waiting on this one grab a comfy chair it'll be a while

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

whats the price gonna be?

4. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

they havent decided, but it will be sky high. I think Sony will whoop the Nintendo DS. Nintendo just hasnt been cutting it lately. Maybe things would have been different if Sony had worked with Nintendo on the SNES (the CD-ROM device that was never released).

5. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the cd-rom device that was never released turned out to be the ps1, I think it was nintendo that pulled out of the deal... I bet nintendo is still kicking themselves for making that mistake.

6. conny119

conny119 Guest

can any of you tell me a site where to see pics of the PSP, i've seen so many different pics of it i just want to see the real thing

7. benagain

benagain Regular member

I've been reading up on it at the E3 coverage at http://psp.ign.com. Not only do they have a pic of the actual device, but they have a bunch of video demos of the games. I can't wait for this thing. I'm gonna agree with Ender88. The PSP is gonna rule the handheld market. Would you rather play GT4, or another port of a half-way decent snes game? I just don't see the dual-screen making a very big difference. I am very interested in how modding the system will be though with these new disks. Does anyone know if these UMD's can be read by a pc at all?

8. conny119

conny119 Guest

does any one know if it will be able to use emulators like the GP32
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2 with duo chip
    V9 PS2 with swap magic and slide tool(sisters)
    just made member!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2004
  9. benagain

benagain Regular member

The system is still very very new. I highly doubt that there are any plans for emulators, but I'm excited to see what it can do. The hardware will be fast enough to emulate the older first-gen consoles, but I haven't heard any plans for this yet. I say give it a year or so and there should be more news on stuff like that.

10. conny119

conny119 Guest

i've just seen a video of jr death and the graphics look awesome.

11. benagain

benagain Regular member

yea, I saw those. I still wasn't sure about it until I saw the demos for the new games at E3. EA had a trailer of a bunch of games that looked pretty sweet. The graphics are better than I could've began to imagine when I first saw the concept desings for the device.

12. conny119

conny119 Guest

you wouldn't think it was a handheld console

13. benagain

benagain Regular member

no you wouldn't. They say that you can't really tell a difference from the PS2 until you hook it up to a TV and see some aliasing.

14. conny119

conny119 Guest

what sort of special features does it have?

15. benagain

benagain Regular member

Well, other than acessories that will prolly come out eventually, it has a bult in wireless card and the UMD's are supposed to be able to store an entire dvd letting you watch movies. I'm curious to see what can be done once people at home are able to create UMD disks (if we ever are) with all sorts of media on it. The widescreen and high resolution makes it look like a nice little tv that you can carry around. I can't wait to get one allready.

16. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

they cant carry 4.7 gb, they can carry 1.8. so a compressed movie yes. its gunna be more expensive than the ps2 was on release date so id hold your horses on buying one.

17. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i saw the PSP when i was in the E3... its quite small... bit larger then NGage... for those who have it... its slim... it reads specialy made dvds called UMD(Universal Media Disk).. they quite small like mini dvdrs you can find today... i saw a demo of it playing game and a movie and saw a big stand with lil slim cd cases on it they had quite a bit large movie section i even saw cowboy bebop movie there on the UMD disk... just proves how small teh disk is and how much info it can hold :| saw aswel an actual PSP playing to tell the truth it didnt really impress me but non the less the gfx it has for such a small thing is amazing... beats the ngage by far ;)... as for the nintendo well i didnt see it but saw some shots of it... meh its ugly.... thats all folks ;)

18. conny119

conny119 Guest

is there gonna be a new nintendo handheld?

19. convolute

convolute Regular member

The new Nintendo handheld is currently code-named Nintendo DS. (Dual screen/developer's system?)

I personally am rather excited about it over the PSP. It will be backwards-compatible with gb-gba games, along with 2 screens. It has several wireless connections capabilities, and one screen will be touch-sensitive, as well as voice recognition/mic.

Of course time will tell whether which one will be more popular. Personally the PSP is just another handheld; if nintendo and game developers can make use of the extra capabilities the DS has, it will be a far more unique gaming experience.

Here's a link for pricing/info:
    http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product_id=T000035

20. conny119

conny119 Guest

dual screen sounds impressive but will it be able to play MP3's like the psp