1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp battery power help!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by z100, Mar 7, 2007.

1. z100

z100 Member

hey to all

the problem is that whenever the battery lvl is low or =20% it will auto blackscreen, all buttoms wont work, only the powerlight show in green, shutdown the psp charge the power above 20% or change a battery that has more then 20% power, then the psp will work again, but it is anonying that when play games, and doesnt know how much power left and it will shut down and it sucks. (try the battery in my cousin's psp and his psp only shutdown when the power lvl is 5% or around) so i guess mind psp isnt normal
    so i am asking if anyone has the problem or anyway to fix it?
    My psp is in 3.03oec, and check the motherboard by open the umd cover, there is no word on the right side.

2. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

did you put his battery in yours and try it? The problem with Li ion batteries is that they lose charging power on an annual basis rather then how many cycles they've been through. It could be your battery has lost capacity and the reader hasnt picked that up, or they're could be something internal with the psp. like its getting a wierd voltage current at a low battery charge. If you try your friends battery in your's and it works fine you may just need a new battery.