1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Blender, allpspgames, and other download frauds

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by IMSwiss, Jan 22, 2007.

1. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

Watch out for download frauds listed in Google ads.

I'll be using PSP Blender as an example here, but as far as I know, what I'm saying applies to all of the Web sites that appear to offer all the movies, music, and games you want, for a one time fee. If anyone knows of any exceptions, please let me know.

1. Most or all of the movies, music and games displayed at the PSP Blender Web site are copyrighted.

2. The only "access" to those files that PSP Blender provides to its members is a collection of links into publicly available file sharing networks, where anyone can download them for free, and where they are being distributed illegally.

3. PSP Blender membership does not include any license to download copyrighted files.

4. Anyone who wants to download from file sharing networks can easily get the download software, and all the same help and information, for free, on other Web sites.

5. All of the favorable reviews and articles about PSP Blender that are listed in search engine results, and in Google ads in forums, belong to PSP Blender affiliates, who get paid (currently $23.49) for each time a click on one of their links to PSP Blender ends in a purchase. PSP Blender affiliates also promote it in PSP-related forums.

6. All of the articles about PSP Blender that are listed in search engine results, that do not belong to PSP Blender affiliates, call it a scam.

Some of what I'm saying can be verified by carefully studying:
    1. The nearly invisible fine print at the bottom of the PSP Blender welcome page.
    2. The "Share Responsibility" page, which can be reached by clicking on the nearly invisible link labeled "Click here for info on using p2p safely," at the bottom of the page.
    3. The "Terms and Conditions" page, which can be reached by clicking on the link labeled "privacy" near the bottom of the page.

Reviews and articles that belong to PSP Blender affiliates can be recognized by looking for "id=" or "hop" in their links to PSP Blender.

------------------------------
    How to recognize frauds
    ------------------------------

If a Web site looks like it offers its members all the movies, music or games they want for free, look for nearly invisible statements and links at or near the bottom of the page. If you find something that says membership does not include a license to download copyrighted material, or advice about using p2p safely, then it's a fraud.

--------------------
    Examples
    --------------------

Examples of file sharing catalog sites masquerading as hosts for legal downloads:

PSP Blender
    AllPSPGames
    MyPSPDownload

Jim

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. bongguru

bongguru Regular member

I'm very sorry if this is going to offend you but...Are you still going on about this!.

3. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

It doesn't offend me.

I noticed today that PSP Blender is listed in the ClickBank marketplace as "The #1 Psp Download Site Online," so I'm imagining that a lot of people are still falling for it. I'm hoping this will save some people the trouble.

Part of what fools people is the Google ads in PSP-related forums, and the multitude of affiliate reviews and articles promoting PSP Blender, that come to the top of search engine results, when a person looks for more information about PSP Blender. I'm hoping that people who are looking for information will also find this thread, which explains what those reviews and articles really are.

I know of two people that were helped by my posts about how to get a refund. Usually only a very small percentage of people who are helped by a post, will tell you about it, so it might have helped many others. With this thread, I'm hoping to help people *before* they get robbed.

Jim

4. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

all i can say is pspiso.com

5. zoomsixx

zoomsixx Guest

While you're still on a roll.

Dont forget about platinumpartner.com

These guys are the king of download scams. Most download sites you find on Google adwords are owned by them. They pump out like 2-3 new sites a week scamming people.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/mypspdownload.com

6. zoomsixx

zoomsixx Guest

Im curious how long ImSwiss is going to keep spamming these forums with the same stuff over and over again. Its like he is trying to fit as many keywords has he can into is posts. Its actually getting rather annoying. Move on for christs sake! Nobody cares

7. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

hes just warning other not to fall into the same trap he has, thanks

8. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

Thank you, Hodgins.

9. zoomsixx

zoomsixx Guest

Understandable. But there comes a time when you are spending so much time dwelling on something that you dont really do anything else as in ImSwiss's case. Get a life. Have you ever heard the statement "time is money"? Well, you're still wasting money. Do you sit here and refresh your screen all day waiting for someone to reply to your lame messages? Maybe its time to move out of moms basement and find a friend.

blah blah blah, copy... paste..., go to another forum, copy... paste..., crying on my keyboard, who cares!

10. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

zoom you may have your opinion, but its uncalled for, this what could be said as an attack on IMswiss, i understand because too,i have seen numerous threads on it but your the one that keeps looking at peoples reliesto the thread, just ignore it :)

11. zoomsixx

zoomsixx Guest

Note taken, Im wasting my time anyways.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  12. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

ok, well im just saving you mate, before this gets out of hand

13. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

Zoomsixx, thank you for that example. I've added MyPSPDownload to my list.

Jim

14. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

Yesterday I found out about some more people who were helped by my posts about how to get a refund. Now I'm hoping that this thread, and similar ones in a few other forums, will help people *before* they get robbed.

Some people might think I'm campaigning against multimedia file sharing. I'm not. I'm just trying to help people avoid being robbed by Web sites that pretend their catalogue of p2p links is a host for legal downloads.

Affiliates play a major role in the fraud. From the posts I've seen by people who have been robbed, it was often the multitude of fake reviews and articles they found when they searched for more information, that won them over. Some of the affiliates might not realize that they're promoting frauds. I've been wondering how to appeal to their better side. Maybe if they saw this:

"Signed my 10 year old up for psp blender...."
    http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/23/watch-out-for-the-psp-blender-scam/2

Jim

15. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

You seem to care a lot. Why are these threads so important to you? Why are you spending so much time on them? Not that I mind. The more you activate this thread, the better it will be for my purposes.

I have a life. I work on the grounds in a public park. I help my wife with her kindergarten class, and with her mentoring. I do volunteer work with the children in my neighborhood. I have lots of friends, and some of us spend a lot of time working with other people to put a new spirit into the life of society, and promote peace and justice.

I don't live in my mom's basement. My mother died in 1999, half a year after my father. I live with my wife, in an impoverished black neighborhood, near the school where she teaches. I have two children, two grandchildren, and another grandchild on the way.

Jim

16. enral

enral Regular member

Well..I don't see why people can't post here to warn others although its done countless times. I think he meant well for the uninformed. This is a forum where people can post anything related here and I don't see the reason why people have to act like they have the authority to force people what or not to post.

17. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

@IMswiss, thats real sad to hear about your parents

18. IMSwiss

IMSwiss Member

Thank you, Hodgins.

It wasn't really sad for me. It wasn't unexpected at all. My mother was 78 and my father was 80, and they were both very ill for some time before they died. I had a wonderful relationship with both of them, so there's no "If only I had said . . ." or anything like that. I don't really feel separated from them, either.

There were two tearful moments. One was once when I called his wife after he died, and I heard his voice on the voice mail prompt. The other was at a memorial service with my aunts and uncles. They played a recording of a song my father sang once with his sister and brothers, and the thought came to me that I would never hear his voice again.

Jim

19. zoomsixx

zoomsixx Guest

ImSwiss, you should get help, please. Maybe this is the forum you should be visiting:

http://www.psychforums.com/

Please dont ask him any more questions. This guy has some type of borderline personality disorder and I have a feeling it may push him over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  20. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

sorry to here bout your parents imswiss condolences.. but what i don't understand how you say pspblender is a fraund i purchased a membership on that site and i use it frequently granted when i use it it is for my personal use i havent had any troubles with it maybe i am just missunderstanding what in in paticular you are refering to but it is nice to see someone trying to look out for others like yourself...props man appreciate it