1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp blender ripoff - how can it be banned

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by autotech7, Dec 29, 2007.

1. autotech7

autotech7 Member

Well we fell for it and signed up and now spent a full day to discover its a waste, with our new ps2 slim running upgraded 3.8 firmware. It looked like it was a ligit. site and my 9 year old is out of his christmas $ now . We trying to get paypal to follow up with a fraud claim but we will have to see how this pans out. Yes they clearly state works for all firmware, and also claim they supply any software. The site is only a set of links to other sites. We really had know Idea.
    Just having a post about it may at least help someone else...

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There will always be scam's like this out there.

Your best bet is to do some research before you spend money on things like that.

You can pretty much do everything they offer for free.

To play ISO/CSO games off of Memory Stick you will need to install custom firmware to the PSP SLIM.

In order for you to do this you will need a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick.

The easiest way to create it is with a PSP that already has custom firmware installed to the PSP. If you have access to a custom firmware PSP go HERE and use this guide to install custom firmware to the PSP SLIM.

If you do not have access to a custom firmware PSP then go HERE to install the custom firmware to the PSP SLIM. You will either need to buy a Datel Tool Battery or Hardmod the battery (if compatible) to a Pandora battery.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  3. autotech7

autotech7 Member

Thanks for the info. Hope you guys can bear with me. I'm a little confused about the term "bricking" or being "unbricked". It sounds like if the unit is dead or won't boot it's nicknamed a "brick"? Or is it a term for a psp that is above a firmware version that can't run custom firmware?

There were some posts about early battery with 5 legs? Our psp slim is v2000 and battery has 3 terminals. Are the main boards on a V2000 the same and once the firmware is revised we are good to go?

I read some info about holding the R key down on power up to enter set up mode. That wont work on our unit now is that due to the 3.8 firmware?

4. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

@autotech7 brick=the unit is dead but can be brought bac wif pandora the second ques i dun know wat ur toking about the third ya onli CFW=coustom firmware can have

5. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

In order to apply custom firmware to your PSP, you will need to create what they call a "Pandora's Battery" and a "Magic Memory Stick". Once you posses both of those, you can install 3.71 M33 CFW to your PSP Slim. With that CFW, you can run ISO's, hombrew, and all other types of games/apps off of your memory stick. One more thing: there are currently three ways to get a Pandora's Battery. 1. Remove the 5th pin on the batteries motherboard. 2. Re-write the EPROM to 0xFFFFFFFFF to turn iy inyo a Pandora Battery. 3. Buy a Datel TOOL Battery.

To create you Magic Memory Stick, make sure you have a Memory Stick that's larger than 32 MB, but smaller than 8GB (Many people say that 4 GB won't work but I have personally used a SanDisk MSPD 4 GB and it has worked fine). Once you have your MS, use this to create you Magic Memory Stick. NOTE: The program I linked you will NOT work properly on Wndows Vista. Good luck, I hope you get your money back! :)

PS: The developer of the custom firmware 3.71 M33 (Dark_AleX) releases little updates that you can install. You can find the updates at his website here: http://dark-alex.org/index.php?Dark_Alex=m33

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007