1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp brick help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by FW330, Jul 6, 2007.

1. FW330

FW330 Guest

i was upgrading 1.50 to 3.03 oe c and my psp bricked can i change motherboard to fix it

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

If it really is a full brick and there isn't a way to fix it, i think a new motherboard would do the trick, but i'm not an expert.

3. FW330

FW330 Guest

tnx man can any mother board fix it

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, from searching around, i found you can phone Sony up and send it back to them for a fee of $90 in the US (Not sure about in Europe/UK where i am) and they will fix it, though i presume they'll stick the newest FW on it, and then there won't be a downgrader for some time, you can look around to buy motherboards on their own, but fiting them can be hard. I once read about the "Undiluted Platinum" mod chip which because of a second flash let's you unbrick a bricked psp. It also uses a custom firmware which as far as i know, runs all homebrew and ISOs, without the need for updating. Hope this helps, do some digging and see what you find.

5. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

yeah. youre pretty screwed, tbh a new mobo is only a good buy if you plan to install it yourself. but if you plan to get it professionally installed, itll cost you just as much as a retail PSP from EB Games or future shop. pick up one of those instead of paying 90$ to fix it because sony will put in 3.51 firmware which is not downgradeable. the pieces at eb games and futureshop are all 3.11 firmware so pick up a copy of lumines off ebay, ~40$ (youd be luckey to find one under 35) and downgrade to 1.5, then go to 3.40OE-A straight. i did that, worked perfectly, with the 3.40OE-A Autoinstaller thread (if you cant find it use the SEARCH feature). btw how did you brick it? pull out power cable while downgrading?

6. FW330

FW330 Guest

im goin to get my cuz motherboard without fw 2.50 would it work

7. tc_

tc_ Member

well the guys at www. foundmy .com state they can fix bricked units without opening them. i have one, i think i might try them out.