1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp brick

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by montgj, Mar 14, 2007.

1. montgj

montgj Member

My sons psp isn't working and I have been told it has a brick virus. I don't understand how this has happened as he definitely has not tried to download or upgrade with it. All he has ever done is play games and watch movies with the correct umds. Is the psp completely useless now?

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

what does it do?

3. montgj

montgj Member

When we switch it on the green power light comes on for around 30 seconds and then switches back off again. The screen doesn't come on at all.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

ye sounds bricked to me. take it back to where you got it from or send it off for repair. there your best best.
    shudnt of just bricked though.

5. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

check sonys eu/uk website for a tech support number or even try to box if you have that, they should replace it if you tell them its not working (as long as you are on official firmware and have not tried to open case)

good luck

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

That sure is strange that would happen.. if it comes down to you not being able to get a new system, your best bet is the modchip or a motherboard replacement or something.