1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp button reaction?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yohex, Mar 7, 2007.

1. yohex

yohex Guest

I was wondering since I accidentally killed my psp's up button, it now doesn't react easily when I push down instead I would have to press harder for it to work, is there something kind of tut or so that would teach me how to fix this?

I believe this goes here as it is about opening up the psp and working with it, so this is technically a mod.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

Try taking off the faceplate and carefully cleaning the buttons area...if that doesnt work you can try replacing them

3. mmmikkk

mmmikkk Member

my left button used to stick occaisonally and it drove me nuts. This worked for me and no probs since. Squirt a tiny bit of Windex around the button so it sinks in and let it sit a minute. Then use a paper towel to dab it out. Do this a couple more times. it might clear it up.

4. yohex

yohex Guest

I try that, so I just stick a bottle of windex near the button, pull the trigger, and then wait, and wipe.

5. yohex

yohex Guest

Thing is if I remove the faceplate I have to remove that warranty sticker where the battery pack is, and if I do I void my warranty which hasn't expired yet, do you have a way to safetly remove this sticker?

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

heat guns take warrenty stickers off quite well iv heard but i dunno if id use one on my psp.
    iv had the cover off mine and havnt voided the sticker. just lifted as little of it as possible and it sound.

7. Hexcodez

Hexcodez Member

IF by safely you mean to hell with the warranty then yes I have a perfect solution for you, razor blade a steady hand and a few drops of super glue afterwards. but there is no real safe way to not void the warranty. Eventually you are going to do it, the PSP gods command it.