1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp Button Stuck?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by PspLovah, Apr 8, 2007.

1. PspLovah

PspLovah Guest

Hello afterdawn forums, I have recently come across a problem with my launch date PSP. I have had it and always kept in perfect condition, but recently I have not been using my PSP, so it has been collecting dust on my bookshelf, So I fired it up to try out homebrew and such (It is still 1.5) And I do not have a warranty. So, heres my problem, Whenever I turn it on, it is stuck in the "right" postion, the button is not visually stuck, but it acts as if I'm holding it down. I don't know what the problem Might be. I have not messd with it much, because I do not wanna screw it up forever. When this problem first occured, It did not get stuck when I did not have a UMD in the UMD Drive. but now, it is always stuck, UMD in or not. I have never heard of anyone else with this problem, So, I figured I'd try here (LIke my 3rd Forum)

~Well, hope some HERE can figure out whats up

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

This happened to me before, i got my PSP a few months after launch 1.52, and this same thing happened to me a while ago. I just violently turned the power switch on and off, until it became lose and worked normal again. Took me 5 mins to get it back to normal. Just push it up and down until it gets back in place.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Previous post double posted...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  4. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

I've had a similar problem, maybe the same problem. I removed my faceplate and cleaned all the contacts, buttons, covers, ect. The inside of that lil PSP can get pretty gritty.

5. PspLovah

PspLovah Guest

Yeah, I have a red faceplate and button set, so i'll deal with it when they come, but a question, If it isnt something INSIDE the Psp, what could it be? and to the first guy that posted: I don't understand what violently turning it on and off has ANYTHING to do with a stuck right button? Can you explain your method?

6. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Sounds like the old, whack the TV until the reception gets better, method.

It has to be something either jamming a button, interfering with a contact, or could be something kooky like a bad solder or connection thats crossing signals...but I would think that highly unlikely. I'd be willing to wager the problem will disappear with the new faceplate and button set. just make sure when you install the new pieces you clean out any rubber retainers, gaskets, contacts, ect.

7. PspLovah

PspLovah Guest

All right thanks! I post up results when the new faceplate and buttons come in, until then , Thanks guys!

8. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

lol