1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp cant read memory stick

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kazzy9, Jan 15, 2008.

1. kazzy9

kazzy9 Member

Hi i hope someone can help my partner bought a psp that kept switching its self off we managed to fix that problem but now when ever we put a memory stick in it says that no memory stick is inserted. I know that the memory stick is not at fault as it works perfectly in my psp, we have tried 2 diffrent 1gb, a 4gb stick and a 32mb one none of them register in the psp. If anyone out there has any suggestions they would be gratefully recieved as in its present state it is practicly useless.

2. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

what firmware is it on and is it a phat (old version psp) or a slim (new version psp)?

3. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

Are you using CFW? Not sure this is the problem or solution but if you are on CFW have you tried making sure the USB output is set to memory stick?

Possibly try formatting flash1 also may help.

4. kazzy9

kazzy9 Member

hi its a phat one and its on original sony firmware 3.11 we were trying to put custom firmware on when it decided that it couldnt read memory cards any longer due to more fiddling about i now think its probably the circuit boaard as the wifi wont work either now and they are apparently on the same board on the phat ones :(