1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP can't read UMDs - Can't load ISOs as a result. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Pnknjnk, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

Hey,
    I have 2 PSPs. One works fine, the other cannot read UMDs, or go online. Because it can't read UMD's, I can't keep one in it to boot ISO's off of the MS. I have firmware version 3.40 oe-A. I've experimented with devhook ultimate installer v 1.1 or something, but couldn't get anything running. I loaded firmware 2.71, and then the ISO failed to show up. (the iso I've been working with is Metal gear solid Portable ops, if that matters.

Any info you could shed on this would be great. Also, the No-umd-mode in the recovery settings works for few games, and not for this one. Thanks in advance.

2. Apples001

Apples001 Member

did the umd drive stop working for like no reason? or did u do something?

3. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

I purchased it from a friend of mine, all he said was "the UMD drive doesn't work anymore"

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

DevHook? How come all n00bs think they need DevHook for 3.40 OE-A? DevHook is obsolete.

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

Best Advise: Take it to a repair shop get the lens cleaned or repaired or replaced... if it was not working from the start, dont thing it will work by a software... let me ask this:

"If you bought a car from a friend and he told you, the car wont start, you will put some gas and hope it starts up? Of course not, you will take it to a mechanic to try to get it fix right?"

Either replace the Lens, the UMD Drive or take it to someone to get it fix... by the way 3.40 OE-A DOES NOT NEED anything to load ISOs, just copy paste to the ISO folder and puff you get it working.

6. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

I know devhook is obsolete, I attempted to use it because NO-UMD mode fails to load many games. I cannot put a UMD in the drive, but would like to play ISO's off of the memory card. Can someone tell me how to do this?

I would prefer not to replace the entire drive, as there has to be some way to do this without getting a UMD into the system.

7. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

Dude, he did not post on this fourm to be called a n00b and ignored.
    Can't you just help him out?
    About buying a umd drive he knows that it was broken hes not trying to get it repaired just play metal gear solid portable ops without havening to use the umd drive.

I have the same problem so can someone just help us out?

8. drakex

drakex Regular member

The NO-UMD DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK! That is something that if you look in all the forums, you will always get, that NOT ALL THE GAMES WORK with a UMD inside. So either you replace the Drive, or you start getting games to test to see which ones work with the NO UMD option on recovery mode.

If you want to fully make the PSP think its loading a game, it has to have a UMD

9. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

I've read this, the question is very simple.

Can you get metal gear solid portable ops to run without haveing a umd in? with no umd program?

10. drakex

drakex Regular member

Look, if you dont want the real answer then stop asking the same question, if it doesnt work with NO-UMD option active, then its not going to work, there is NO SOFTWARE, NO PROGRAM that will make a game play with NO-UMD.

If you already tried to play it with NO-UMD option active ont he recovery configuration, then there is nothing you can do to make it work... so Good Luck this is my last answer and noone else will tell you otherwise.

11. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

We understand this. So are you saying that it is completely impossible to run a game without a UMD in the drive? I mean, if no-umd mode is faulty, what is it that doesn't work well about it? There is absolutely no way to spoof a umd in the drive?

Or some program I could use? because honestly, the compatability so far with no-umd mode seems to be about 20-30% for me.

There is absolutely no solution to this problem besides repair? That seems a bit farfetched.