1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Charging Fuse?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by vcbc, Apr 23, 2007.

1. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Hi,
    I've seem to blew a fuse to the PSP motherboard. It can still play and everything, but i cant charge i have found the fuse. Its right on the opposite side of the PSP battery connector. But i have no clue how to tell what kind of fuse it is and where i could buy one.
    thx

2. broc455

broc455 Regular member

can u charge it at all because i had the same problem and i was told there was no onboard fuses on the PSP like PS2 so they told me to make sure my WLAN connection was turned off on my PSP before i charge becuase for some reason it doesn't charge with that on. I tried that and it worked like a charm

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

I cant charge at all. Something was wrong with the electricity and it also blew my fuse on my comp's power supply. Im not sure if its exactly a fuse, but if i soldered a bridge on it, it would charge. Im not sure how to find out what kind of smd fuse or w/e it is. I might ask at acidmods or something since they do alot of game sys. modding, but i dont really feel like signing up and stuff. Also the fat PS2 and Slim PS2 have 10+ onboard fuses so...
    Thx though.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  4. broc455

broc455 Regular member

well did u at least try turning WLAN connector off?

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yup, no go.
    thx.

6. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ouch!
    sorry man i've never heard of blowing a fuse but ya migh av bricked it u wouldn't happen to have any u no custom firmware or anything along the lines of that on ur PSP would you?
    does it turn on with just a green light?
    does it turn on but freeze halfway through the process of opening it?
    if so its either brick or semi bricked.
    Or u could just send it down to sony and they fix it up for u if ur still on the warrenty?
    o and one more thing do u flash ur PSP? if so for what reason o and did u drop it tats common.
    Oh and if u just can't get it to work then buy and PSP from some store then give back ur broken one and ask for a refund and say it just doesn't work lol thats a good idea.

7. broc455

broc455 Regular member

o and dude theres one more thing, maybe u've just gotta a faulty battery or recharge point.

8. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Dude it works perfectly fine. Everything works fine im on c/f but that doesnt matter...it works when i bridge the fuse... like connect the dead fuse with a wire...

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

so obviously it blew a fuse. is it on the motherboard? or on the powerboard? get a new powerboard of ebay its pretty cheap!

10. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

...whats a powerboard...but yea its on the motherboard right on the opposite side of where the battery terminal connection is.

11. broc455

broc455 Regular member

o yeh never thought of that good one ha9981! that should work i didn't know that PSP's even had fuses but i have got alot of complaints about faults on powerboards on some of my other forums i'm in so tell me if all goes well then vcbc goodluck!