1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP connection to access point timed out

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Batman87, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Batman87

Batman87 Member

Please help. im trying to connect the psp to my wireless router.Linksys WRT54GS. i scan and get 100% signal on the psp. i input my WEP 128-bit key. the 26 digit hex key. i double and triple checked the password. when it trys to connect i get the error message "A connection error has occurred. The connection to the access point timed out." ive done both auto and manual configs and i still get the same message. my laptop and wii both connect to my network fine so i dont know what the problem is. if you need more info than this please let me know.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

4. Batman87

Batman87 Member

Yea i saw that thread first before posting and it didnt really help or provide proper troubleshooting information. but i fixed the problem i just switched my router from "mixed" mode to "b only" and now everything is fine. Also in the guides to put on custom firmware they say to use a 512 MB sony memorystick. does the brand really matter or can i use a sandisk?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you can use a sony or a sandisk they both work ,important is that you use a real memory stick ,fake memory stick can give problems