1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP crashes on startup after m33 installation

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by arcadmix, Jan 2, 2008.

1. arcadmix

arcadmix Member

Recently got a 3.71 Slim PSP and wanted to put CFW 3.71 M33 on it. Made the battery and magic memory stick with my fat PSP and everything went fine. When installing on the slim, it said it had been successful. I pressed X to shutdown, then ever since when trying to start up the PSP I get the Sony intro, then shortly after it is about to load the XMB it freezes then eventually shuts itself down. I tryed installing on fat PSP and it does exactly the same. On the install menu I tryed to revert back to 3.71 but it does the same. Any ideas??

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you made the magic memory stick on a psp that has a custom theme, then that's the problem. custom themes will mess up the magic memory stick.

you need to recreate the magic memory stick.

3. arcadmix

arcadmix Member

The slim PSP was practically brand new, I hadn't put themes or anything on it yet. :S

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

ugh 2 broekn PSPs... I suggest creating a second Magic Stick with V3, look it here

www.dark-alex.org

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

not that. it's your other psp; the one which you created the magic memory stick. if you have a custom theme and created the magic memory stick, then that's the problem.