1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP CSO Problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mavity933, Feb 11, 2007.

1. mavity933

mavity933 Member

Im hoping I don't get flamed for this but im completely new to PSP technology, I am using filmware 2.60 at present.

I downloaded a game a week ago which is a CSO file and I would love to play this on PSP, having looked through all the threads on here already and guides on the main site im a bit confused. Will I have to upgrade this version to 3.02 OE-C and if so how do I get the filmware upgrade onto my PSP via the internet, im not even sure where to obtain this upgrade should I need it. Everytime I go to the filmware on my PSP it states no update is needed.

Iv plugged my PSP into the computer but cannot locate a folder named ISO as previously discussed on other threads so basically I created one but couldn't locate it on my PSP to play the CSO file which I placed inside a folder named ISO.

If I do need to create a folder where do I put it? Once I open my PSP via USB I have a folder called PSP, OMGAUDIO, MISC, DCIM, seeming how this file is a CSO would I need to create the folder under CSO rather than ISO?

Iv been trying to find a straight forward solution all week, anyone would think this is rocket science.

Any help or guides which from websites would be great.

Thank you.

2. mavity933

mavity933 Member

Iv just installed devhook 0.44 launcher on my psp and also have filmware 2.6, placed the cso file in the folder titled iso which devhook created automatically, still not luck.

Im now wondering if i should update my filmware, any idea's.

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

both of you search.

EDIT:
    Holy shit I said both of you. I thought it was more then one person. Learn proper posting etiquette please.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  4. mavity933

mavity933 Member

Iv also just installed 303 oe-c, well i think iv installed it, it says 3.03 oe.c filmware install next to a pink square with arrows,

I now have 303 OE-C with DEVHook 0.44 launcher, placed the CSO file in the correct place prior to install the filmware update and still nothing. Has anyone actually created a filmware or software program that does infact work. Talk about pissing about with software which doesn't work, these two are shit.

Incidently iv looked at the thread and most of which is debates about who is right and who is wrong, waste of three hours so far.

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

U have obviously figured out actually how to execute devhook, maybe you should execute teh 3.03 OE-C Firmware installer and install it to your psp. You just had the files copied in the right places, prior to installation. As for loading ISO's I'm not going to tell either of you how to do it. This is easy easy information that is found at basically every PSP site on the internet. If you're to lazy to search properly, I just dont care. If you start another thread about loading CSO/ISO I'll report it as a multi-post.

6. mavity933

mavity933 Member

Iv click the triangle on 303 OE-C and selected start and it turns my PSP off after a few seconds, im assuming the software is corrupt in some way, either that or you cannot update from 2.6 to this in one jump. As for being lazy, spending 3 hours to do something which should take minutes is hardly being lazy. Infact I was bowsing a few days ago for an hour or two.

I don't even know whether im meant to format my psp prior to installing, i give up, i'll pay someone else to do it simpler and saves the headache and frustration.

Bye.

7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

I find it hard to believe you search for 3 hours about devhook, 3.03 OE-C, whatever else and didn't stumble upn the fact u cant run hombrew from 2.6. Read into ta-082 motherboards and downgrading from 2.71. I hope you know how to install an official sony update (not 3.03 OE-C), because you will need to upgrade to 2.71 before being able to use homebrew (devhook, 3.03 OE-C Firmware Installer)

8. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Yea, i think you'd be safer paying someone to do it lol...

9. mavity933

mavity933 Member