1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp dark alex

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by debkuz, Mar 27, 2007.

1. debkuz

debkuz Member

please please can someone help!!!!!!

I have just bought my son a PSP from Ebay. I now understand that the version is 3.02 Dark Alex.

I was sent 6 discs which include all games and films.
    There seems to be some games saved on the memory stick but we cannot access anything.

I am a PSP virgin and do not have a clue how to access anything.
    Can someone help to make my son happy!!

Cheers

Debs

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Like play discs?

3. debkuz

debkuz Member

i was sent 6 dvd like discs that include lots of films and games but I am not sure how i can access these to play on the psp.

I also seem to have lots of data on the memory stick but cannot access it

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

First of allthose stuff on the memory stick are saved gme progreess, and to load disc, have the disc sticker that says UMD to you. then turn it around,upside down, and in

5. debkuz

debkuz Member

it is not umd discs he has given me they are like normal dvds.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Those DVD's/CD's most likely contain **cough**image files/.iso file(s)**cough** that you put into a/the ISO folder of your memory stick.

7. hasanoun

hasanoun Guest

Ok well. he sent you regular dvd's with it? werll then i would format ur memory stick. do that in the settoiings. he could have corrupted the data. so i would do that.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Geez people cant anyone helping this guy read??
    These DVD's/CD's contain .iso's of PSP games and movies to watch on the PSP. People can't seem to think for themselves anymore. I mean really read between the f**king lines!

(debkux, none of this ranting is towards you)

9. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Haha, I can just image this poor guy trying to Cram these DVD's into his UMD tray because of the poor help in this thread.

Just copy those files in the DVD's onto your PSP's memory stick. if you have 6 DVD's thats probably well over 20Gigs of stuff. So of course its not all going to fit on your memory stick, just keep the stuff on your psp you'll be playing or watching at that time.

.ISO & .CSO files go into the ISO folder
    .MP4 Files go into the MR_Root/MV4 folder

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  10. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Yeah, but he would have to convert it to .MP4 format first, lol, and you can't fit regualar DVDs in the PSP, silly!

11. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Read what PeaInAPod wrote. They are DataDVD's not MovieDVD's.

12. ncfc4ever

ncfc4ever Guest

DEBKUZ, IF YOU ARE STILL STUCK ON THIS THEN EMAIL ME ON [removed] AND I WILL EXPLAIN ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ON HOW TO PLAY THESE GAMES AND FILMS ON YOUR PSP, YOU WILL NEED THE SONY USB CABLE THOUGH IN ORDER TO COPY AND REMOVE THINGS FROM YOUR MEMORY STICK, ALSO YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 1GB MEMORY STICK, ANYWAY IF YOU NEED HELP STILL, EMAIL ME!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ncfc4ever,

Lets read the forum rules bud.

Posting in all caps isn't allowed, posting email addies isn't allowed and the purpose of a forum is to give help that's accesable to the public so telling folks to pm you for help doesn't fly around here.

14. ncfc4ever

ncfc4ever Guest

Nephilim, Didnt read the rules, lets be honest who does?? what diff does caps make?? and doesnt seem like anyone else here was helping him at all, just messing him about and confusing him more, so perhaps you should be worrying more about that, and putting my email up should be my choice nobody else's!

Now after all that is out of my system, If anyone else has had similar probs with data on dvd discs, before you even bother trying to load it, you need to be running Device Hook, or better still Dark Alex 3.10 OE (custom firmware) If your not running these, then theres a very high chance that the data wont work on your psp!

However, put the dvd in your pc and open it, then connect your psp to your pc with the sony USB (obviously put your psp in usb mode). Then for the games, just copy them into the ISO folder of your psp memory stick, for movies, copy them into the MS_ROOT folder and then into the folder with the same letter as the movie file, either an M or an A, eg: movie file: M4V0205, would go in the 'M'Folder! anyway, once this is done, disconnect psp, then go to memory stick for games or videos, and they should be there and working, if not working on dark alex, then run them on dev hook, for more info on these check other threads, Hope this has helped people out, please let me know if it has!

Hope your happier with this post Nephilim??

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You're banned.

Now that that's out of my system I can explain that whether folks read the rules or not has nothing to do with nothing. Second, if you can't abide by the rules you agreed to and want to argue and get smart alecky with me about it you get shown the door.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007