1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp dark alex

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by debkuz, Mar 27, 2007.

1. debkuz

debkuz Member

Please can someone help,

I have just purchased a PSP from Ebay for my son.

I now understand that it is version 3.03 dark alex.
    We have been sent lots of discs but I do not have a clue how my son can access the games and films.
    Also there seems to be a lot of saved data on the memory stick but it does not allow us into a game.

please help I have a desperate 9 year old dying to play his new console

Debs
    x

2. guano

guano Regular member

Hey Debs,

1.) Delete all the Savedata, for it won't work w/ the games you have. I say this b/c the games that created the existing savedata might have had a diff region code.

2.) A/f/a the games on the discs, copy them from the disc to the PSP via USB cable. However, in doing this, you have to make sure you have enough room on the memory stick. What does your son have? 32MB, 256, 512, etc.? Well, assuming he has enough storage space on his memory cards, create a NEW folder in the ROOT of the memory stick. (ROOT= the very first screen you see on your computer which represents the PSP's content. Create a new folder by right clicking anywhere on the white space displayed.) Name that folder ISO in all capital letters. Put the isos in there. Now when you go back to the XMB (main menu) click on the little game icon (2nd from the right). You should see your games in that menu. If not, make another post, but this information should serve you well.

Good luck and have fun,
    guano

3. debkuz

debkuz Member

Hi Guano,

Sorry to sound really stupid but what does a/f/a mean.
    I am definately computer illiterate.

His memory stick is 1gb, how much games should tjhis hold??

Debs

4. guano

guano Regular member

Don't worry about sounding really stupid. It's the age of abbreviations; not everyone is going to understand. :) It means, "As far as".

1GB will hold up to 5-6 games, depending on their size. If small enough, you could even fit the better part of ten games. However, most newer games are larger as the production companies have found ways to prevent us hackers from shrinking them. (I.e., ripping inessential pieces of the game out like movies and music to fit more games on a memory stick.)