1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP DOES NOT READ MS

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Rav3, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

A friend on mine has a damaged (presumably) PSP-1000 unit. It does not read his MS, nor does it read any other MS. The MS we used to test operate perfectly when inserted into any other PSP or MS compatible device. We consulted a PSP hardware seller and they confirmed that the PSP was faulty and that the MS reading module had to be replaced. He's charging $90 (AUD) for his services. Will someone tell me if this is worth it? Otherwise, how much should it cost to fix such a problem?

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

i don't think it's fixable from applications and all that.tell your friend to talk the guy into making the price lower.try to cut $20 or lower because i think $90 is a bit expensive.i've went on ebay and found a few psp's under the price of $90!so, try searching for one.

3. pdogz

pdogz Member

kik is totally rite, think about it, y not just buy anoda psp for $90 instead of fixing for that same price, even with the $70, is ther any warranty? confirm that before payment

4. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol yeah I told him to talk it down originally (i.e. have a haggle lol. He's asian not that I'm saying anything racist if that's against afterdawn rules) to around $70.

lol that now that u mention it, it just hit me that $90 u can just buy a new unit haha.

ty for the refresher