1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp doesnt always turn on and freezes when i use it

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kaskitrix, Oct 15, 2007.

1. kaskitrix

kaskitrix Guest

so i got kinda weird problem. about 3 months ago i was playing psp in hot and wet day and it turned off by itself. then it started to act weird. it didn't turn on always, only green light appeared. if i managed to turn it just freezed after a while in XMB and i couldn't get it working. after a day it wasn't even possible to turn it on no more. so i thought my psp is useful and wasn't using it anymore. but yesterday i tried again to turn it on and everything was working. i even managed to install 3.52 M33 firmware. ok so next day i am copying some files in my memory stick and psp freezes again and it all starts over. at this moment i cant turn psp on. so people what do u think wheres the problem. i dunno maybe theres some problem in motherboard or maybe psp is overheating? so what should i do?

2. kaskitrix

kaskitrix Guest

any idea?

3. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

There was possibly a problem when upgrading. Try upgrading to 3.71 M33-2 and see if problem persists, if so then it will more than likely be a problem with the hardware

4. kaskitrix

kaskitrix Guest

i dont think, that there's some problems in firmware because on 3.40 OE there was the same problem

5. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

use key cleaner,Basically, KeyCleaner is a PSP application that enables you to see the state of the IdStorage on your PSP. It also allows for dumping keys when necessary and fixes certain problems caused by old downgraders
    hope this help

6. kaskitrix

kaskitrix Guest

thanks i hope this will work... but it will be hard to install that aplication because i cant turn on psp about for a week now. Maybe after some time it will start working like it did before

7. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

hey, if u got a friend with phat PSP cfw , use pandora (mem and batt)
    maybe can u fix u problem..then u on 1.50 -> 3.52 m33-2-3-4
    my phat psp was on (full bricked)7 months ago..,l felt so bad when
    flash0 and flash1....
    ..but weeks ago lm read about use bandora, now lm use him (psp) for test everthing
    also lm got a psp-2001 (slim) and change FW with despertar_cementerio v3
    still workin..and slim too
    hope this help.!!

8. kaskitrix

kaskitrix Guest

hey thanks now i gotta find someone with homebrew available psp and ask it. it would be soi good if this app will work