1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp downgrade on 2.80 with TA-082

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mtlmark23, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

I've spent many hours trying to understand the downgrading process and the steps involved but I'm still stumped.
    Here's what I have;
    psp version 2.80 with the TA-082 motherboard
    Here's what I want;
    to play games via the memory stick (nothing more nothing less)

What exactly is needed to do this? I read that the TA-082 on version 2.80 can't be downgraded, true or not? Then I read that if you upgrade using GTA your then capable of downgrading.
    There's so many things to understand before attemting this I just wanted everything to be clarified before risking a brick.
    So here's what I'd really like to know
    1. What steps and software are needed to downgrade and once that's done;
    2. What needs to be installed to run games on the memory stick

Just know I have spent alot of time searching different threads before posting here as a last resort. Thanks to any or all who help me out. It will be much, much appreciated.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go HERE and follow the section under -2.80 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86) to downgrade the PSP to 1.50.

Then go HERE to update to either 3.71 M33-4 or 3.80 M33-4.

Then go HERE and follow the steps to get your ISO/CSO games working properly.

3. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

Thanks a million for the help.
    Followed instructions in the first link without amy problems.
    Second part is another story. When I get to the file verification stage and it scans to 100% and after chosing #4 it skips the installation of new files and goes straight to credits. I've followed every step exactly as stated in the guide several times and still no luck. Any ideas for me?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try using a different Memory Stick 512MB or above. If Vista is your OS on the PC try finding a PC that is tunning XP.

Also make sure you take the memory Stick out and disable the USB then insert the memory Stick back in and enable USB when it tells you to.

5. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

I'm using a sony memory stick (1gb), with my pc running on XP and when prompted I would;
    1.remove memory stick
    2.disable usb connection
    3.insert memory stick
    4.enable usb connection

Every step is being followed excatly as described. Not sure what else I can try.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Some official memory Sticks can have issues. So try using a different Memory Stick or do a manual install using this guide HERE.