1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP drops price... Will PS3 do the same.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Domreis, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I was in best buy today, and noticed that the PSP dropped price by $30 today. I was talking to an employee about it and he said he had heard the PS3 will drop $100 soon... Has anyone else heard this?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

No, not likely. There *MIGHT* be a possibility for Holiday 07 but that is pure speculation on the net.

3. MikehMike

MikehMike Guest

Edited

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  4. hade

hade Regular member

i doubt they will drop it in 07, i wouldn't be surprised if come the holiday rush there was some sort of package game deal with the ps3, like resistance for example. i think sony will sell around 5million ps3s by the end of 07 which is pretty noteworthy considering all the bad press its taken. possibly by march of 08 we'll see the pricecut. they could also drop the 20gb and offer just the 60gb and maybe drop that $50 but who knows.

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

MikehMike what you posted has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. If you can't keep on the topic DO NOT POST. Simple huh?

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

They have already drooped the 20GB here in the USA! That is what a Best Buy employee told me... Let me look...

7. hade

hade Regular member

all i heard is that BB had an ad in the paper where people are able to get either a 50$ giftcard or 50% off the price of your purchase, but you had to buy a ps3/360 and 3 games or accessories or something. i don't think they dropped the price though. they meaning BB. they don't even offer the 20gb online, alteast i didn't see it when i looked.

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It was a $50 Gift Card... They don't make the 20GB anymore... I can't find it om Sonys site.

9. MichaelPu

MichaelPu Member

This is the first real price drop for the PSP since it has been out for 2 years. Sony is in it for the long run.

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The PSP drop $50 bucks back last May...

11. MichaelPu

MichaelPu Member

I wouldn't say that was a price drop. Sony introduced a core and value pack in May. At first the value pack was $250 and then the core was $200. That was just essentially introducing a cheaper SKU. Now is the real price drop because the core package drops $30 without taking anything out of the package.

12. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Oh... I didn't know that the had a core and value package... Whatever. I have a 1.5 so I don't really care! *EVIL LOOK*

13. MichaelPu

MichaelPu Member

I just did some searching and they actually dropped the Entertainment pack(aka giga pack)to $250 a while back. It just wasn't official by Sony because some stores still charged the giga pack for $300 and some charged to $250. At best buy right now after the price drop it's $220 and the core is $170. They actually had 3 packs the core, the value, and the giga pack which turned into the entertainment pack when they packed in a movie.