1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Error and game downloads

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bparker99, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bparker99

bparker99 Guest

can i just ask. where do you get your games from and how do you get them on to your psp?
    iv recently brought a psp form my cousin but he gave me no books or anythin just the psp and the leads.
    so im wondering if i can get any help?
    also i can not connect to the internet it comes up with error: 80410A0B
    any help any1?
    Thanks in advance.

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

Thanks for the new post bparker, now concerning your questions let me ask you some in response... what firmware isyour PSP?

You can check it on Settings > System Settings > System Information... is it a Custom Firmware or Official Firmware

If its Official, you will only see numbers like 3.40 - 3.50 - 3.71

If its Custom, you will have the numbers + letters like 3.40 OE-A, 3.52m33 or 3.71m33-2

Verify that and get back to us... by the way we cant provide links to download games, but you can look them up at my profile or on google, torrents are the easiest ways.

3. bparker99

bparker99 Guest

well... this is exacltly what comes up when i go to system information:
    MAC Address 00:02:c7:94:69:DD
    System software Version 2.00
    nickname Brooke

any good?

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

You are good in a way, cause you havent upgraded OVER 2.80, let me get you the info on downgrading and going to Custom Firwmare, the reason why you get that error is your Firmware, give me 1 sec while I get you the links.s

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

This is a very old version... :) good you did not go any further, please check and follow this guide on downgrading your PSP 2.00 to 1.50, from there, you can use any of the threads up to upgrade from 1.50 to either 3.40 oe-a, 3.52m33 or 3.71m33 which will let you play downloaded games in your PSP.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/downgrade_psp_2.cfm

6. bparker99

bparker99 Guest

ok thankyou.
    what do i do tho to get it onto my psp :S
    lol im such an idiot arent i :|

7. bparker99

bparker99 Guest

there are a lot of warnings with this.
    and im m=not sure what im doing.
    should i still do it?

8. drakex

drakex Regular member

Huge advise, I was afraid of this at the beginning, but its worth it, you will play games from your memory stick withoug buying it... in order to get into your PSP you need to have a Mini USB Cable... it should have come iwth your computer, otherwise you can use any Mini USB Cable, it will work... then you go to Settings > USB Connections, while you are connected your PSP with your computer, and voila, the PSP will convert into sort of a USB Memory.

9. bparker99

bparker99 Guest

iv got the usb lead that came with the psp.
    any good?

argh!
    so confussed!
    have no idea what im doing!

10. drakex

drakex Regular member

You need this cable...

[​IMG]

This cable goes from the USB port of your computer to the PSP USB led at the top... after that pretty much is like accessing a USB memory stick.