1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP exchange

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by moomba, Feb 20, 2007.

1. moomba

moomba Member

In the ukyou can phone up sony and get ur psp swaped (whatever condition) for a new one. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs at the moment? it used to be £65 about 6-7 months ago.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

what's wrong with your current PSP?

3. moomba

moomba Member

1. Theres a crack in the top right corner of the faceplate, about 4 cm long running towards the bottom of the psp, and its about 1cm in from where the clear plastic starts. ( i know this will cost around £15- £20 to get a new one but i am not to confident on doing it however easy the guides tell me it is to replace).

2. I Upgraded to official firmware 3.10 and then discovered homebrew amd costom firmware.
    so i thought i might get 2 birds with one stone if it isnt to expensive.

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well you could do what i did and go to a shop and buy a brand new PSP from a shop and return the one you dont want in the box saying you dont want it. get your money back and you have a brand new PSP ;)

ive done this twice now with no problems and one of them was bricked

make sure to check the shop's return policy first though

5. moomba

moomba Member

wish i could but i got my psp over a year ago. So i cant return it :( (yes it has taken me this long to work out how great hacking is) but not before upgrading to 3.10 so i could play the demos released by sony. cant beleive it upgraded from 2.60 :(. about two days later i start thinkin how great it would be if i could rip psx games to psp and voila i find costom firmeware only to larn that i had screwed up and i hadnt even tried anything lol.

6. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

you could go to sony but then you have a chance of getting a high firmware anyway, so i reccomend selling it off of ebay and then buying a refurbished psp, refurbished psps are still low fimwares right now

7. moomba

moomba Member

how much would it sell for on ebay (with the craked faceplate)?
    and how much would a refurbished psp cost and where can i get one?
    Thanks for your help.

8. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

ur psp will probably go for around $30.00-$50.00 (could be more) and as for refurbished psps look for a place named "wbdeals" on ebay they have the best deals i think they are going for around $160.00

9. axwardle

axwardle Regular member

OH WAIT if you have not bricked it then it will probably go for around $100.00 (not sure how much that is in euros) but it will pay for more than 2/3 of your new psp. sorry i thought that you had bricked it. with the sony thing for 65 euros it is $90.00 in U.S. so maybe your psp will go for roughly 70 euros and you might be able to buy the refurbished one for about maybe 100-120? i dont really know. so this way you wont be paying that much

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  10. paul91

paul91 Regular member

doesnt matter how old your PSP is just buy a new one and swap them over