1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Exchange

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by zeyphyer, Jul 12, 2007.

1. zeyphyer

zeyphyer Guest

Hello Team and fans and users of the PSP market.

I am one of many users using the PSP firmware 3.11 and I've been using my psp a lot! As a result, my buttons on my psp are wearing down. So, sony has told me to send it in to them. Now they told me that when I receive my replacement I would have everything restored and same as I had before. When I was told I little cautious on asking them will the firmware be the same version as well? Or will it be updated. So I want to know if anyone in this forum had to send in their PSP if they experienced the firmware to be the same when they bought it or if it will updated to sony's current firmware. I am very intrested to know.

Thank you,
    Brian

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

They will install the highest firmware they have released to the public.Think bout repairing it yourself, u probably just need a new rubber thing, n those are like 5-10$. Or if its the Dpad or x o [] triangle board those are also like 10$

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Brian,
    Sending to sony, there will always be the possibility of it being upgraded. But if it's a small problem like analog stick, or sticky buttons, they probably won't bother to touch your motherboard. But do seriously consider a DIY. Because there are tons of video guides on youtube, and your problem sounds pretty simple.