1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP faceplate

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Ookamiki, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Ookamiki

Ookamiki Member

I was wondering if anyone had a clear faceplate on both the front and back of their PSP. Not a extra layer but actually removed their original faceplate and put in a new one. I was browsing ebay for one but some seem a lil cheap quality so hoping that someone who purchased a high quality can tell me the brand and what not. This is what I found so far which seems good but just want some extra info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transparent-Ful...yZ122516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

I bought one recently from www.coolmods.co.uk it hasn't come yet but im sure it will be good quality. also its cheaper than ebay

3. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Check out dealextreme:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4169

free shipping, but they sometimes take FOREVER to ship. I had one order come in two weeks, another took over a month.

Their fake Sony 1800 mAH batteries are a great deal at $6.88. They look exactly like the real things and last at least as long, but are not Pandorable. I wouldn't fall for their 3600 mAH batteries. I think their claims for those are wildly optimistic.

Just remember, some of the "gadgets" they sell look too good to be true and they are, but they do sell good PSP replacement parts that are a good bargain.

4. Ookamiki

Ookamiki Member

Aw man thankyou both for your input, I've checked both sites and they seem to have the same product when it comes to the clear case, the pictures help me confirm the products quality. Also I'd like to put some led lights into my PSP, how do they work exactually in terms of installation and turning them on and off.

5. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

they work with the power switch and can be connected to the sound so the flash to the beat of the music. i dont know how to do it my self but this tutorial might help.
    but i wouldn't suggest doing it unless your skilled at soldering and have all the parts needed

6. Ookamiki

Ookamiki Member

Haha ya I just looked into it and I can barely work with glue yet alone soldering! Guess I'll keep to just changing the face plates and the in game mods before I switch to messing with the chips and such of the PSP itself. Thanks again for the help!!

7. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

your welcome i would love to put some leds in now that i have a full crystal case but i dont have the tools for it. :)

8. Ookamiki

Ookamiki Member

I haven't gotten around to getting my crystal case but I will sooner or later because having a clear case really attracts people and it just screams that your a somewhat of a hacker and a nerd, but a cool nerd lol. Plus it looks amazing and sexy to say the least lol.

9. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

if you get the full case you will need to take out all the parts of the psp. i suggest looking at some guides before doing it and watch some videos on youtube thats what i did. also because there not proper sony cases there are some faults with them like the power switch not connecting to the switch on the chip but that can be fixed by putting the switch on the old case on but you will need to cut the case to put the switch in. also the umd drive can go funny and not read umds all you need to do is loosen/tighten the screws on the umd drive or loosen the screw on the bottom of the psp (that what i had to do) but appart from that it look kl and it does make it stand out from other psps :)

10. Ookamiki

Ookamiki Member

Haha thanks, I'm pretty psyched actually about taking it apart and all, but I'm taking everything slow and taking pictures with every action I do incase I forget where something was. Also using guides and the infamous and irreplaceable youtube!! But thanks for telling me about the cases being off, I completely forgot that Sony didn't make. Lol hard to tell sometimes because of the quality and logo smacked right on there.

11. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

yer any problem while taking it apart post back and i should be able to help