1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Faceplates

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by vegalo, Mar 29, 2007.

1. vegalo

vegalo Member

I am interested in purchaisng a PSP faceplate but I wanted to ask if anybody has ever had any experience with them and if it is worth buying one. Are they good, do they look cheap, etc. Thank you.

2. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

i havent done this yet. mainly because you have to disassemble your psp. which can be quite confusing. but if you do plan on doing it, look for some guides on how to apply the face and back plates. Some look pretty cool if you have the time to do it.

3. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

I bought a blue faceplate from Ebay and mine works just fine. You may find the quality isnt as good as the OEM one it came with. But its definatly worth doing especially if you have one with a badly scrathed screen.

there are only 5 screws that hold the faceplate to the PSP, you can search for a tutorial on google. The only things you need to make sure of is that you gently pry the <Home -volume+ screen brightness music select start> key strip off the old plate. Its held on by adhesive and should just stick to the new faceplate.

The only challenging part about my faceplate is that clear plastic piece that the LED transmit light through didnt come on mine. So i had to cut it off the old one and epoxy it onto the new faceplate. If I had my camera with me I'd snap a pick of how it looks.