1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP fell in water--HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by henry1989, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. henry1989

    henry1989 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I accidentally dropped my PSP in water, after i picked it up and sort of shook it gently a lot of the water came out, which wasn't really that much. So after maybe 20 mins i tried to turn it on, luckily it turned on and i could navigate the functions, i managed to turn it on successfully a couple of times and it worked fine. However i thought i would remove the battery and open the UMD slot to let it air dry. After maybe two hours like this, there was a orange light and it wouldn't turn on at all, except sometimes the light would turn bright green but the PSP wouldn't turn on. So i was just wondering is it likely anything has been short-circuited or anything like that, and if it might work again after being air-dried. Please ANY SUGGESTIONS would help. Thanks in advance.
     
  2. staxx

    staxx Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    817
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    WOW!

    I would say that you'll probably need to replace something if not all hardware in your psp. But this isn't something im knowledgable on to tell you what to look for and what to fix. Maybe try googling to see if anyone else had a similar problem and how they fixed it. Also you might want to change the thread title to be specificly stating your problem. That will get you faster responses from someone who can tell you what to do.
     
  3. chanman1

    chanman1 Regular member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1,705
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    and keep ur psp away from water
     
  4. henry1989

    henry1989 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    thanks for the advice, yea anyways i hooked up the USB 2-1 charging cable and took out the battery and the light was bright green but wouldnt turn on, but when i placed the battery back in (with the USB cable) it turned orange? could it possibly be that the battery is damaged but the PSP is fine? any ideas?
     
  5. staxx

    staxx Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    817
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I'm sure it's more than just the battery thats damaged because if it was only the battery then i'm willing to bet that you wouldnt even get a green or orange light at all. It probably has to deal more with the outlet/inlet whatever you wanna call it to charge for power.
     

Share This Page